Cargill Senior Food Scientist - Pepperoni Segment in Wichita, Kansas
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Food Scientist - Pepperoni Segment will coordinate, align and innovate by exploring, developing and implementing new and existing products within Cargill Protein. In this position, you will provide technical expertise to new product development for Dry Sausage/Pepperoni product line growth and technology/process development for the creation of new capabilities. This position identifies and implements technical solutions against business goals.
Identify product growth and new product opportunities, modifying plans to meet opportunities.
Stay current with literature and analytical advancements and works with independently on daily tasks.
Provide technical leadership in product and process development and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight.
Work with cross-functional teams (marketing, insights, sales, ops, food safety quality and regulatory).
Collaborate with research and commercial brand to develop short and long-term testing programs for experimental and commercial products and hybrids.
Partner with customers, sales, business management, and marketing partners to identify customer needs and translate these into new product development opportunities.
Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in a related field (Animal Science, Food Science, Meat Science)
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated financial and business acumen
• Experience working successfully in a matrixed organization
• Experience leading cross-functional teams
• Minimum of four years of related work experience
• Two or more years combined professional experience in the following areas: protein formulation development, ingredient functionality and product commercialization.
• Ability to travel up to 30%
• Ability to work in a cold environment and lift up to 30 lbs.
• Master's degree or other post-secondary degree
• Tech-savvy and comfortable with evolving business-critical technology
• Strategic thinker with ability to build effective plans to support strategic initiatives
• Operations experience
• Experience with processed meats (pizza toppings, dry sausage, fully cooked meats)
• Experience conducting continuous improvement events such as Kaizen, Six Sigma or Lean processes
• Direct customer facing experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs