Sobeys Night Shift Manager (full-time) #JoinOurFamily in Whitby, Ontario
Night Shift Manager (full-time) #JoinOurFamily
Requisition ID: 124407
Career Group: Distribution Centre Management
Job Category: Distribution
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Location:3016 Whitby RSC
Postal Code:L1N 9S1
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
A Leader of people and processes to support a safe, positive and productive work environment.
To actively engage and direct, floor and support staff, to ensure the accurate and efficient movement of product to properly service all stores and affiliates.
• Responsible for creating a culture and environment within the RSC that makes it an inviting place to work
• Provide excellent customer service, and achieve goals in on-time deliver, miss-pick, and shortages, quality built loads, efficient use of assets and labour hours
• Communicate changes and new plans to staff
• Coach, mentor and inspire, as well as reward and recognize staff
• Conduct performance reviews and train or make recommendations on training for shift supervisors to improve management ability and enhance professional management skills
• Ensure staff are properly trained on all programs (safety, security, housekeeping, sanitation, etc)
• Manage disciplinary process of direct reports
• Ensure staff know their roles and hold them accountable
• Transfer best practices throughout the organization
• Participate in the creation of the RSC budget and capital requests
• Continually seek process improvements that eliminate waste and non-value add activities
• On a daily basis, participate in meetings and manage communication
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
• Health and Safety and Food Safety oversight and program management
• KPI tracking and analysis for shift
• Organization and oversight of scheduling and real time adjustments based on volume
• All other duties within the incumbent’s ability as may be assigned
• labour relations including discipline, investigations, attendance management and grievance resolutions
• Primary data collection for senior site leaders
• Minimum of five years management experience
• Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
• High School Development
• Degree/Diploma in Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred
• Train the Trainer considered an asset
• Physical work including frequent bending, lifting, and reaching
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Cold environment (5 degrees to -25 degrees)
• Various shifts including evenings and weekends
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.