Sun Basket Industrial Electrician in Westampton, New Jersey
Sun Basket is the #1 healthy meal kit in the United States. The company has grown rapidly from $0-$200M+ revenue over the past 4 years. Ranked the #1 online healthy eating platform by Epicurious in 2019 and Buzzfeed 2 years in a row, Sun Basket is disrupting the $650B grocery market with a fundamentally healthier, easier, and more personal way to cook and eat at home. Backed by top-tier investors, Sun Basket is based in San Francisco, CA and delivers millions of meals nationwide each month.
Sun Basket, an innovative company in the meal kit delivery service offering delicious recipes and fresh organic & sustainable ingredients delivered weekly; backed by top-tier investors and led by one of San Francisco's top chefs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Industrial Electrician with strong Mechanical Electrical background to join our 2nd shift operations. This position is responsible for general facility maintenance for Sun Basket in accordance with company standards. Responsible for the Installation, troubleshooting and repair of complex equipment and distribution systems, involving work of a varied nature with minimal to no supervision; resulting in efficient operation of plant facilities.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform preventative maintenance on Sun Basket manufacturing support equipment and facilities as well as assembly tasks.
- Partner with outside contractors as needed to support the ongoing maintenance of Sun Basket’s equipment.
- Identify replacement/spare parts as needed, properly lubricate equipment and perform maintenance as needed.
- Properly operate complex equipment and plant machinery at all times.
- Install and rearrange complex equipment such as but not limited to: PLC’s, Electrical and Mechanical systems as well as other machinery.
- Dismantle, repair and reassemble complex equipment as well as work in mechanical skills area such as fabrication, assembly, welding, burning, cutting and pipe-fitting.
- Conduct electrical work such as but not limited to: removing and replacing motors, fuses, cables and installing conduit.
- Complete routine paperwork such as but not limited to: filling out PM work orders, recording inspection results, logging emergency work orders in the CMMS, recording parts used from inventory stores and recording necessary readings in CMMS.
- Complete work orders in a timely manner.
- Works from drawings, verbal instructions or sketches.
- Maintain plant GMP's at all times within our Operations area.
- Work safety and responsibility at all times, maintaining safety goals in mind.
- Ensure compliance with all company and FDA, USDA and SQF requirements.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area both in shop and floor.
- Operate production equipment to check work as required.
Who you are, and why you're right for us:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years production manufacturing experience required
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cross-functionally, with all levels of the organization, highly motivated and organized
- Mechanical aptitude and ability
- Intermediate computer knowledge (i.e. outlook, Gmail and other tools)
- Food safety knowledge, Welding skills, Pneumatic systems skills, Hydraulic system skills, Plumbing skills, Basic Refrigeration knowledge, Basic Boiler operation and controls knowledge.
- Ability to work with powered shop and hand tools safely, perform complex assembly instructions
- Must having working knowledge of PLC's, Electrical and Mechanical systems.
- Ability to pass Maintenance Aptitude Test
What types of shifts you may be working:
- Approximately 40+ hours per week.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift, 3:30pm-12:30am Tue-Sat
- Must be willing to work in a refrigerated environment, 5-40 degrees Fahrenheit
- Work additional time on a daily or weekly basis if necessary.
- Scheduled work days and hours may be altered depending on job demands.
Why should you work with us?:
- We offer a competitive salary.
- Quality health and wellness benefits, paid partially by the company. We offer medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, and life insurance for qualified employees.
- We help you save for retirement with our 401(k) + company match.
- You'll work hard, but we'll make sure you're rewarded for it through our company sponsored events and employee recognition programs.
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- Access to our weekly internal Farmer's Market, where you can take home free quality produce and pantry items.
- 50% discount of our subscription service
- Opportunity to grow your skill set and work with some of the industry's top professionals
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Sun Basket, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military service status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. In accordance with applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Sun Basket, Inc. also provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities or for sincerely held religious beliefs or practices to the fullest extent required by law. If you would like to request an accommodation or believe you have been subject to discrimination, please contact the Company’s Human Resources Department.
Job Category: Maintenance