Cargill Senior Executive Assistant in Wayzata, Minnesota
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Executive Assistant position provides senior executive level administrative and other support to deliver time and peace of mind back to the leader. The person in this role is responsible for managing the leaders’ calendar, schedule, meeting agendas, global travel coordination, communications, and action items with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, and professionalism. Other daily tasks include handling confidential material, day-to-day workflow, leadership team meeting scheduling, global meeting coordination, presentation creation, agenda coordination, expense management and follow up with key stakeholders on behalf of the leaders this role supports. This individual is an extension of the leaders’ brand in the organization, and publicly, and must be confident, caring, and professional in the way they interact with others.
The person in this position must be an accomplished Executive Assistant with proven experience supporting high-level executives. They must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and success. This role has access to highly confidential information and the ability to exercise discretion is required. The ability to be a proactive, flexible, highly organized, self-starter who displays strong initiative, follow-through skills, ability to improve processes and apply new technologies are critical for success. This role will be an integral member of the leaders’ team and is expected to add value through strong administrative, organizational, technical, coordination, leadership, and communication skills. In addition, the person in this role will work closely with others in the executive administrative support community and is expected to work collaboratively and be a contributing member with a focus on delivering excellence and continuous improvement.
Strategy & Communications
• Learn and understand leaders’ business goals and priorities.
• Serve as the point of contact for leaders, handling inquiries, and help identify items that require executive focus.
• Make the leaders’ time more efficient.
• Simplify and help prioritize workload of leaders.
• Stay on top of best practices & utilizes strong time management and organizational skills.
• Keep current on technologies and be proactive in introducing new tools that will enhance effectiveness and efficiencies.
Calendar and Time Management
• Strong calendar management for leader with a very busy schedule and the potential for changing priorities. Accept, categorize, and resolve meeting conflicts in a timely fashion.
• Serve as first entry point for leader externally and internally throughout organization. Maintains and protect personal and work time for leader.
• Provide support to manage requests, appointments, and deliverables. Understands prioritization of meetings.
• Understand stakeholders, key priorities and how to prioritize requests for time.
• Consistently thinks forward on leader’s schedule, scan future weeks for potential conflicts/challenges and offer viable solutions. Proactively monitors reoccurring and priority meetings for leaders.
Global Travel, Meeting & Event Coordination
• Own all meeting scheduling needs for leader. Take all incoming meeting requests, coordinate meeting space, assist with meeting needs and facilitate as needed.
• Coordinate and proactively manage agenda, content, goals, notes, and action items for leaders’ team meetings.
• Coordinate global leadership calls and other virtual meetings using Teams. Must possess a strong technical knowledge to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
• Manage leaders’ board commitments with a high level of professionalism and attention to detail.
• Coordinate complex international travel in a timely manner, generate visas, passport management, document management and handle expense reports with insight on the cost of potential options while maintaining Leader’s preferences.
• Lead and partner with other administrative roles on event coordination as necessary.
Other Administrative Tasks
• Work collaboratively and build a strong network with administrative positions throughout Cargill.
• Work to improve current processes for optimized efficiency and productivity.
• Develop and create PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and other documents as needed.
• Manage internal team communication tools (SharePoint, MS Teams Site, OneNote).
• Other administrative duties as assigned
• Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
• Minimum of four years of related work experience (Executive Assistant support experience or other related project management/event coordination experience).
• Advanced Microsoft Office experience – specifically strong in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• High level of professional written, oral communication and consultative skills while working with a variety of different audiences, including senior leaders.
• Previous experience in a global business, preferably a multi-national business.
*The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
*Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
*This position is located in Wayzata, MN
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs