Grant Thornton LLP Senior Financial Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Financial Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Support various roles within Client's Financial Management Division (FMD). * Work directly with a senior level client ensuring timely and high quality deliverables. * Lead and facilitate meetings between clients and stakeholders. * Review, update, and create FPS financial policy guides and memorandums. * Be flexible, innovative, show initiative, and manage fast-paced situations. * Prepare briefings for executive and senior level clients. * Manage the relationship with senior level clients and all stakeholders. * Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite with a good understanding of Excel. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or another business related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in federal budget/financial management.
- Experience preparing and presenting executive-level briefings and directly interfacing with clients.
- Experience writing policy guides and memorandums.
- Good understanding of federal appropriation statutes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Advanced MS Excel skills. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 040015