Grant Thornton LLP Financial Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Financial Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Support various roles within Client's Financial Management Division (FMD). * Prepare financial deliverables; conduct financial analysis; and assist with performing reconciliations between Client financial and contracts systems. * Work directly with a senior level client ensuring timely and high quality deliverables. * Provide programmatic support (i.e. reserving conference rooms and managing calendar of the federal division director). * Attend internal meetings and record meeting minutes. * Be flexible, innovative, show initiative, and manage fast-paced situations. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or another business related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in federal budget/financial management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to conduct detailed research and data analysis.
- Ability to work effectively with a group or independently.
- Experience using advanced functions in MS Excel.
- Proficiency in MS Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Financial Analyst
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 040016