VIRTUA HEALTH,INC. Office Assistant - Practice Center for Women in Voorhees, New Jersey
HELPING YOU BE WELL, GET WELL AND STAY WELL
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Employment Classification:Per Diem
Time Type:Part time
Work Shift:1st Shift (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:40
Performs medical office duties including verifying insurance, answering phones, scheduling patient appointments, registering patients, and entering all billing information into system. Also maintains the flow of the patients in the exam rooms, assists the physician when needed, BP, Urine POC testing, send out specimens.
Collects co-pays and performs pre-certifications and filing.
* Answers and screens phone calls by third ring. Directs all calls to appropriate staff member, ensuring all information is accurate.
* Responsible for scheduling patient appointments and registering patients, including updating and verifying all system demographics and insurance information.
* Performs billing functions such as entering charges and payments, collecting co-pays, reconciling batches and preparing deposits.
* Responsible for preparing referrals and obtaining pre-certifications as required.
* May train and direct office assistants at sites, including preparation of work and training schedules. Acts as office resource and mentoring role model.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Must have strong multi-tasking abilities and computer literacy.
1-2 years Medical Office experience.
HS diploma or equivalent.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.