Lowe's Associate Technology Support Technician (SP) in Virtual, North Carolina
Lowe’s is able to offer remote employment of this position in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, WY.
Please note this position will require employee to work night shift.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide level 1 technical support to resolve commonly reported, basic problems with technology products and applications, including computer hardware and software, telecommunications equipment, and networks operating in Lowe's Stores, Supply Chain facilities and corporate office locations. This includes creating documentation by entering details of problems, status of service requests, and resolutions into the company tracking system. In addition, this role performs documented solutions for known hardware and software issues and routs any unresolved incidents to the appropriate support group.
The individual in this role works the hours and schedule required to support the enterprise and may be on call and/or work alternate schedules to meet the needs of the department.
• Provides first level support to resolve problems with products and applications by meeting customer service standards (i.e., displaying a positive attitude, actively listening, taking ownership, leveraging knowledge, communicating clearly)
• Analyzes and prioritizes incoming requests
• Attempts to resolve problems by applying documented solutions
• Routes problems as necessary to appropriate resource (e.g., support team, vendor)
• Performs tracking and documentation by entering details of problems, status of service requests, and resolutions into the company incident management system
• Provides status updates
• Performs documented break/fix repairs on PCs, thin clients, printers, servers, mobile devices, handheld devices, and software applications
• Interacts with third party hardware and/or software vendors by initiating and supporting vendor services as necessary
• High School or GED in General Studies (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• Completion of coursework or program focused on relevant technology related skills (e.g., technology related college coursework, bootcamp, certification program, technology academy)
• Experience in customer service
• Associate Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 1 year of experience providing first level support for IT systems in a corporate setting, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving incidents
• 1 year of experience working with defect or incident tracking software
• 1 year of experience in software installation and support
• 1 year of IT experience in the retail industry
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs