Microsoft Corporation Technical Support Cybersecurity Engineer in Vancouver, British Columbia
With over 18,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
Within CE&S, the Customer Service & Support (CSS) organization builds trust and confidence for every person and organization through delivering a seamless support experience. In CSS, we help customers and partners resolve their issues quickly, prevent future problems from occurring, and demonstrate new ways to achieve more from their Microsoft investment.
Applications & Infrastructure - the largest and fastest growing group in CSS - provides Microsoft’s commercial customers with timely technical expertise to address their business-critical challenges and partners with them to advance global, cross-cloud solutions that enable their people and empower the world.
In the Customer Service & Support (CSS) team we are looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success. As a Technical Support Cybersecurity Engineer you will own, troubleshoot and solve complex customer technical issues. This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth by honing your problem-solving, collaboration and research skills, and developing your technical proficiency.
Cloud Focus: These customers and products are our future even if they cannibalize our present
Cloud Speed: Cloud products change much faster than on-premises products, so readiness requires a new mentality
Cloud Ownership: We own the switches, the drives, the servers, and the service code – we should be able to fix anything that happens
One Microsoft: Support boundaries are (almost) obsolete in the cloud, so let’s not use them to negatively impact the Cloud Experience
Cloud Evangelism: The Cloud is new and can seem scary, so we need to encourage customer and engineers to adopt it
This role is flexible in that you can work up to 100% from home within the Vancouver area.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Response and Resolution
· Reviews complex issues (e.g., multiple components of a product) and contacts customers to understand issue. Ensures customers stay informed as to the status/solution of their issue. Utilizes troubleshooting tools (e.g., event logs, performance traces) to help resolve customer issues.
· Acts as an advisor to the customer and handles complex, repeatable, or escalated cases that may become politically charged. Creates technical articles or knowledge base (e.g., edits or creates news/ knowledge-base articles) that is internal or customer facing for better customer understand. Provides best practices and education to ensure customer understands the problem in order to proactively resolve potential issues in the future.
· Performs complex product troubleshooting and remediation when needed. Works alongside the development teams to drive incident resolution for configuration, code, or other service deficiencies impacting customers. Analyzes patterns of problems and identifies workflows to optimize support engineering delivery for a team or region level.
· Collaborates on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups including support engineering groups, product groups, services team, and account team as needed to resolve complex customer issues.
· Implements end-to-end readiness programs (e.g., mentoring, leading triages, content creation, brown bag sessions, blogs, quality assurance checks, writes technical articles) and contributes to the content and readiness strategy. Mentors
Technical Support Engineers or members from other teams outside of Customer Service and Support (CSS). Develops expert level competence on support topics.
· Provides feedback to more senior engineers or serviceability team on functionality of products based on engagements with customers. Provides feedback to the product group for product improvement. Leverages overall product knowledge to determine if and when features require enhancements.
· Engages with engineering team to investigate product bugs, provides business impact, and collaborates with appropriate stakeholders and senior team members on fixes.
· Contributes to and/or develops automation techniques and diagnostic tools to improve cross-group effectiveness.
· Translates feedback and creates processes and workflows for case resolution.
· Participates in case triage meetings and/or case discussions to share knowledge with other engineers and contribute to more rapid customer solutions. Utilizes learnings from triage meetings to identify and communicate readiness needs to manager or readiness team.
· Implements strategic business decisions with customers, partners, and teams to increase market share. Influences peers to implement strategy.
- Embody our culture and values
- 5+ years technical support, technical consulting experience, or information technology experience
o OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or related field AND 3+ years technical support, technical consulting experience, or information technology experience.
This position requires verification of citizenship due to citizenship-based legal restrictions. Specifically, this position supports Canadian federal, provincial, and/or local Canadian government agency customers and is subject to certain citizenship-based restrictions where required or permitted by applicable law. To meet this legal requirement, and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate’s citizenship will be verified with a valid passport.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
Microsoft Technology Certifications.
Experience in Network Security Engineering or consulting, and, or Systems Administration with focus on security. Experience with endpoint security, server security, or threat analytics.
Customer facing support experience
Experience on Windows Server, Windows Client, Active Directory and, or Azure Active Directory Administration
Enterprise cloud experience with any of the major cloud providers, including cloud security, networking, and migration of multi-cloud or hybrid deployments
Experience supporting large and complex geographically distributed enterprise environments with 1000+ users
Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
Experience with Linux or Mac administration
Technical Support Engineering IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across Canada is CAD $88,800 - CAD $165,000 per year.
Find additional pay information here:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations (https://careers.microsoft.com/v2/global/en/accessibility.html) .
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs