Vanderbilt University Medical Center Med/Surg - RN (FT) in Tullahoma, Tennessee
JOB CODE INFORMATION:
Job Code: 7967
Job Stream Description: TBD
Job Code: 7967
Job Stream Description: TBD
Responsible for planning, organizing, and administering patient care within the scope of his/her training and expertise, collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes is met. This is done in conjunction with the objectives and policies of the hospital and the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Tennessee.
Associate's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Registered Nurse Required
Additional Qualification Information:
- Department Specific Requirements:ER: BLS, ACLS, PALS and CPR required, TNCC and NRP PreferredICU: ACLS and CPR required. Knowledge of basic arrhythmia preferred. Approved Critical Care course preferred. Clinical experience preferred. OB/GYN: ACLS and CPR required. Neonatal Resuscitation Program completion required within 6 months of hire. Preferred STABLE certification. Clinical experience preferredLabor & Delivery: ACLS and CPR required. Neonatal Resuscitation Program completion required within 6 months of hire. Preferred STABLE certification. Preferred L&D approved low and high risk obstetric course within 1 year of hire. Basic Fetal Monitoring Course on ALC or equivalent required within 90 days of hire or completion of orientation. Advanced Fetal Monitoring Course or AWHONN intermediate course within 1 year of hire and then every two years thereafter. Recommended certification in Obstetrics.Nursery: NRP, CPR and ACLS required, STABLE certification preferred. Nursery Level I & II neonatal course completion preferred, low risk neonatal course preferredProgressive Care Unit: BLS, ACLS and CPR required. Knowledge of basic arrhythmia preferred. Approved Critical Care course preferred. Clinical experience preferred. Wound Care: CPR required, 2 years of RN experience requiredSurgiday: CPR, ACLS and PALS required. Bachelor's degree preferred, 2 years of nursing experience required. PACU: BLS, ACLS and PALS required. CPAN recommended, Bachelor's degree preferred, clinical experience required. Perioperative Staff RN: BLS, ACLS and PALS required, CNOR preferredMedical Telemetry: CPR required, ACLS and PALS preferred
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Medium Work category requiring exertion up to 50lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 20 of force frequently and/or up to 10 of force continually to move objects.
Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Occasional: Carrying over 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Frequent: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs, with help of coworkers or assistive device
Frequent: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Frequent: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Frequent: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Frequent: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
Frequent: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Continuous: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Continuous: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
Job Registered Nurse
Organization: Med/Surg 262011
Title: Med/Surg - RN (FT)
Location: TN-Tullahoma-Vanderbilt Tullahoma-Harton Hospital (VTHH)
Requisition ID: 2100357
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Jobs