Cargill Trade Compliance Operations Specialist in Toronto, Ontario
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Trade Compliance Operations Specialist will perform moderate-to-low complexity trade compliance operations activities, executing routine tasks and procedures. Using critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, you'll collaborate with multiple business units to drive continuous improvement.
• Execute trade compliance operations activities with limited supervision, using department procedures and controls to preserve value and mitigate risk.
• Validate and coordinate import/export transactional requirements that apply to documents and data.
• Update and maintain customs master files and records, and support compliance with records and information management policies and controls.
• With limited supervision, review or prepare documents (invoices, preferential trade documentation and other cross-border documents) to ensure they meet legal and fiscal requirements.
• Collaborate cross-functionally, internally and externally, to implement trade compliance operations solutions.
• With limited supervision, execute cross-border clearance, and file import/export declarations with customs and other government agencies using defined procedures.
• Process, collect, organize, analyze and report required data to facilitate cross-border execution and analysis.
• You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
• Knowledge of Incoterms
• Minimum of four years of related work experience
• Experience working with customs brokers and government agencies on import and export clearance related activities
• Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
• Demonstrated client/customer focus role and strong relationship builder
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Office, expert in Microsoft Excel
• International commercial terms knowledge.
• Experience managing SAP and global trade services
• Knowledge of Canada trade compliance regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs