Scotiabank First Nations/Metis/Inuit - Senior Manager, Portfolio Controls in Toronto, Ontario
First Nations/Metis/Inuit - Senior Manager, Portfolio Controls
Requisition ID: 188788
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.
While you must be an Indigenous person in order to submit your resume, participation is completely voluntary. Please use the definition below to make sure you’re eligible and open to self-identifying as Indigenous person:
Indigenous Peoples include First Nation, Métis and Inuit People. Only Indigenous Peoples who come from Canada should identify themselves as belonging to this designated group
What your role will be…
At Scotiabank we help employees build their futures – where they can be themselves, and win together. With a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a performance-oriented culture that includes coaching, learning, and development – there are endless possibilities. At Scotiabank – you can make an impact.
What you’ll be doing…
• Lead and drive a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge
• Support in defining and documenting control objectives and procedures and lead the monitoring of management controls in the department
• Be responsible to ensure that support is provided for audit and ongoing risk assessment/reviews.
• Be responsible to ensure updates are provided on time for all non-self-identified issues. Influence decisions, escalate issues for discussion and resolution
• Collaborate with various departments, identifying process improvements, and recommending strategies to enhance departmental performance
• Lead and be responsible for the ongoing review of testing / monitoring results and manage payment of production cards
• Accountable for updating the audit issue status dashboard for the open audit issues and track each to closure
• Support an environment of open and honest communication; contribute to the generation of new ideas and approaches
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
• Create an environment in which the team pursues effective and efficient operations of the respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
What you need to succeed…
• Leadership skills and the ability to effectively organize a process with high visibility and multiple deliverables with specific and time sensitive deadlines
• Several years demonstrated success working within a defined control framework
• Knowledge of retail products, financial and operations functions is in asset
• Prior experience with audit or reporting operations is an asset
• An ability to effectively work hands-on as well as with cross functional teams
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills; ability to convey information clearly and simply at all levels
• Ability to navigate a global organization through determination, personal creativity, drive, and conviction
• Strategic thinking and results focus skills along with high attention to detail
• Facilitating skills, with the ability to lead team of senior contributors to overall objectives
What we’re offering…
• The opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive organization and connect with other First Nations, Inuit, and Métis Scotiabankers and their allies when joining our Indigenous Employee Resource Group.
• A competitive compensation and benefits package which include:
o $10,000 annually dedicated to your well being
o Traditional Indigenous Practices Leave
o Indigenous Employee Mentoring Program
• An organization committed to making a difference in our communities
• You can expect to be recognized and rewarded for high-performance. You’ll be supported by leadership through meaningful development conversations that enable faster advancement and internal training to support your growth and development
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Alberta : Fort McMurray || Canada : Alberta : Red Deer || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, pleaseclick here (https://www.scotiabank.com/careers/en/careers/technical-support-for-applicants.html) . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.