Travelers Financial Analyst (Surety) in Toronto, Ontario
Who Are We?
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers is an industry-leading provider of surety bonds to developers of residential and commercial real estate in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, and British Columbia for the purpose of providing purchasers with deposit protection, warranty coverage and development security.
The Financial Analyst, Developer Surety position is an integral role on the team which provides you an opportunity to build a unique and successful career within a specialized niche of the insurance industry. As a Financial Analyst you will leverage your advanced and acute analytic skills to assess the economics and feasibility of new condominium projects, monitor on-going projects, support senior underwriters, and collaborate with senior team members and leadership on various projects and initiatives.
What Will You Do?
• Analyze the financial strength of current and new clients
• Monitor on-going bonded projects and making funding recommendations
• Underwrite new business submissions
• Support senior underwriting group with analysis, recommendations, and drafting security documents
• Expand industry knowledge through additional education and by joining various associations
• Representing Travelers at various industry-related functions
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
• Detail-orientated and thoughtful
• Focus on building relationships within Travelers and with various business partners
• Motivation to provide best-in-class service
• An aptitude for swift, empathic problem solving
• The capacity to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a team environment
• Outstanding Microsoft Excel skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree from a Canadian university, Business Administration or Commerce preferred
• 1+ years of experience in commercial banking, surety, cost consulting, or other related role
• Experience in a real estate-related field is a strong asset
What Is in It for You?
Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
Retirement: Travelers provides a core contribution of 3% of your total eligible earnings to your Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (“DPSP”). Travelers also matches your savings plan contribution dollar-for-dollar up to 5% of base pay.
Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off (“PTO”) annually, plus the opportunity to purchase additional days to allow for up to a total of 36 PTO days per year. You will also receive twelve paid company Holidays.
Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.
- Travelers Jobs