Microsoft Corporation Channel Sales Manager - Azure in Toronto, Ontario
The Global Partner Solutions (GPS) team is a sales organization accountable for the commercial partner business at Microsoft, and the mission is to build and sell Microsoft Cloud applications, services and devices with partners, empowering people, and organizations to achieve more.
As a Channel Sales Manager - Azure you will work with our Top Managed Partners. You will work closely with them to drive sales at scale and to deliver revenue impact to the business. You will provide Sales Readiness and Deal Coaching and Manage Top Deal Execution. This opportunity will allow you to deepen your Solution Area Knowledge, Grow your Business Acumen and hone your skills in Sales Leadership.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
· Proactively creates, nurtures, and influences a partner ecosystem to drive larger impact for the customer. Facilitates match-making to drive opportunities (e.g., digital transformations), connecting partners to sellers and working closely with account teams to align Microsoft solutions to specific business needs across horizontals and verticals. Delivers and integrates partner expertise and solutions into sales cycles that grow consumption of Microsoft products.
· Brings stakeholders from different parts of the business (e.g., account team unit, solution team unit, business groups, customer program management, worldwide inside sales, cloud specialist) together to create demand, bring new ideas to market, establish quality partner connections, and orchestrate processes to set expectations and generate trust. Refers to solution/practice maps or marketing campaigns to support partner strategy. Drives leads and opportunities for co-sell-ready partners with internal teams (e.g., Partner Marketing Advisor [PMA] team) and provides feedback on Solution/Practice map coverage or marketing campaigns. Leads partner strategy efforts and engages in partner-to-partner collaborations to provide solutions to customers and to scale offerings.
· Manages partner co-selling for Microsoft’s most strategic solution partners to drive joint pipeline and partner consumption of Microsoft products at scale. Connects with Microsoft’s sales and partner communities to bridge and support partner-to-partner engagements as needed, aiming to scale the offering also through co-sell-ready partners. Identifies and lands sales offers, incentives, and surface customer wins for partner sell-with evidence. Supports account teams while navigating within partners' solutions and expertise, including global solution partners or Systems Integrators (SIs). Carries a target on intellectual property (IP) and/or service co-sell metrics, connects partners with
sales teams, and drives increased awareness of partner solutions across verticals to move sales forward.
· Develops pipelines with co-sellers; engages partners and co-sellers proactively to ensure right co-sell prioritization and pipeline coverage to support targets. Participates in intellectual property (IP) and service sales forecasting, as well as account/territory planning to identify and address gaps. Drives pipeline reviews with top co-sell partners and Microsoft sellers to evaluate pipeline effectiveness.
· Leverages the voice of partners and customers through direct engagements, field surveys, partner events and surveys, listening systems, and social mechanisms, to identify and alleviate key customer and partner success blockers. Drives attendance to partner events and responses to partner surveys. Adapts partner strategies as needed to adjust for scale and complexity. Aligns resources and programs to support partner co-sell pipeline velocity and alleviate friction points. Brings detailed feedback to build-with teams and executes on corrections of errors in response to feedback.
· Maintains and stays up to date on Microsoft's sales compliance processes. Drives sales with partners in accordance with Microsoft's compliance policies.
- Embody our culture and values
· 7+ years core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, or business development experience
o OR Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 4+ years core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, or business development experience
o OR Master's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 3+ years core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, or business development experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
· 11+ years core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, or business development experience
o OR Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 7+ years core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, or business development experience
o OR Master's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field AND 5+ years core sales, channel sales, industry or solution selling, or business development experience.
Channel Sales IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across Canada is CAD $100,900 - CAD $165,000 per year.
Find additional pay information here:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations (https://careers.microsoft.com/v2/global/en/accessibility.html) .
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs