Mackenzie Health REGISTERED NURSE - MRCC 3West ALC in Toronto, Canada
Creating a world-class health experience in our community
Mackenzie Health is a dynamic regional healthcare provider, serving a population of over a half a million people across York Region and beyond. As part of our growth and vision, construction on the new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital has begun. With an expected completion date of 2020, Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital will be the first hospital in Canada to feature fully integrated “smart” technology. For more information about the Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital please visit: https://www.mackenziehealth.ca/en/about-us/about.aspx.
Beginning December 2017, Mackenzie Health engaged in a partnership, supported by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, to open a new Central Local Health Integration Network (CLHIN) Reactivation Care Centre with other hospitals.
In addition to the existing units, we are opening a new unit and are looking to hire permanent full-time, part-time and casual Registered Nurses to work on the MRCC 3West Alternate Level of Care (ALC) Unit located at the York Finch site of Humber River Hospital. This unit will transition to a Mackenzie Health site upon the opening of the new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and growing organization and be part of Mackenzie Health’s vision for the future.
To provide a high quality of nursing care to patients and their families utilizing the nursing process, following established standards of practice both within the hospital and the profession.
• BScN Degree or Diploma in Nursing from a recognized college or university.
• Current general certificate of registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate.
• Minimum 1 year experience preferred.
• Completed physical assessment course preferred.
• CNA Gerontology Certification preferred.
• Experience in working with adult and geriatric population preferred.
• Recent experience in acute care settings preferred.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
*This position is represented by ONA
*Primary location at Humber River – York/Finch location however; may be assigned to Mackenzie Health-Main site location
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code
Competition Number: 2021-4523
Job Status: Temporary Part Time
Department: MRCC 3WEST ALC
Shift: Days, Nights, Weekends
Hours: 11.25 Hour Shifts
Job Title: PATIENT CARE MANAGER
Street: 2111 Finch Avenue West