Black & Veatch Manager, Rates & Regulatory - Water in Topeka, Kansas
Manager, Rates & Regulatory - Water
Date: Sep 12, 2022
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help yougive us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Company : Black & Veatch Mgmt Consulting
Req Id : 85936
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: Yes
Black & Veatch Management Consulting is seeking a manager-level professional to join more than 200 consultants, regulatory policy advisors, technology specialists, and energy industry respected subject matter experts to deliver to our clients. This individual will plan, market, sell, and deliver world-class consulting solutions in the Water/Wastewater/Stormwater sector with a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach that integrates strategic, financial, and expertise-based advisory services to private and investor-owned utility companies, commercial and industrial customers, municipalities, and government agencies.
The Rates & Regulatory Practice provides highly desired services in market segments including rate case management and support, costing and ratemaking, innovative pricing solutions, infrastructure-based business cases, operational effectiveness reviews, stormwater utility development, alternative funding analyses, cost/benefit analysis and expert testimony support across the water industry. The candidate will frequently lead communications within the internal engagement team and with the clients. Managers in this practice generally work on multiple concurrent projects at a given time. Works with limited supervision and/or may lead small to medium efforts or project teams.
The ideal candidate must understand the technological, market and commercial changes driving the current water industry. It is expected that this broad market understanding will enable the candidate to periodically interact with members of Black & Veatch Management Consulting’s asset management, strategy and planning, sustainability, transportation electrification, customer experience, and technology practices to help drive the development, selling and delivery of multi-functional business solutions.
Our ideal candidate will develop sales capability to contribute to the growth of the Rates & Regulatory Practice by creatively engaging clients and delivering solutions to satisfy their needs, and lead and manage others in the Practice to focus on similar activities. The candidate will help develop long-term project and business advisory relationships with a wide range of utilities.
This individual will be responsible for supporting the delivery of client solutions to the water market. In addition, the individual must be capable of supporting all aspects of assigned engagements including conducting quality assurance reviews on their own and others' work.
• Transfers knowledge, capabilities, and skills to improve others’ knowledge and skill levels
• Enhances established working relationships with team members and management from within the client’s organization
• Contributes to quality review on own engagement
• Ascertains and meets client expectations within scope of engagement role
• Develops applicable knowledge bases by using best practices to redefine tools and techniques. Outlines specific performance measures, targets, and goals to articulate the business case for realized efficiencies or added value
• Challenges client’s current strategy and direction through persuasive argument. Defines competitive advantage and achievable value to the client through use of the strategic change components and metrics. Formulates issue-based hypotheses and develops analytical plan for testing. Contributes to analysis of impact of strategic changes by defining linkages and interdependencies.
Industry Knowledge Capability:
• Utilizes specialized knowledge to produce moderately complex work products and solutions across many phases of an engagement or one phase of a more complex engagement
• Applies appropriate methods or recognized equivalent to identified client needs
• Anticipates and resolves technical problems with occasional technical assistance from others
• Develops, presents, and defends conclusions, recommendations, and implementation plans
• Contributes to quality reviews of assigned engagements
• Identifies technical issues impacting an engagement and proposes solutions
• Analyzes and applies best practices knowledge of the industry
Project Management Capability:
• Manages client expectations within defined scope of engagement
• Recommends appropriate resources based on the phases of an assignment
• Delegates work to assigned team members
• Uses defined processes and practices in assessing engagement risks
• Manages engagement issues in less complex projects or escalates issues in more complex projects
• Billable Hours and business development targets established in annual goal setting process.
• Role can be an Individual Contributor role, who may act in a capacity of a "lead person".
• Generally, does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Positions receiving work direction: Analyst, Consulting, Sr. Analyst, Consulting and Consultant. May also act as a project manager of a project team. Individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
• Advanced degree in Business or Economics.
• Two or more years of project management experience.
• Knowledge of a complete engagement lifecycle.
• Building business development capability.
• Advanced technical or industry knowledge.
• Knowledge base in two or more solution areas.
• Advanced knowledge in one or more aspects of consulting processes.
• Human relations skills including collaboration and team functions.
• Ability to understand team functions and lead operation in an engagement environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible to multiple demands of project teams and shifting priorities
• Skilled at interfacing with personnel at all levels from staff to executive management
Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience. 7+ years experience in a business/consulting environment.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
BandV Office Environment or Client Site - Travel up to 25%
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms : Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
Job Segment: Architecture, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs