CVS Health Case Management Coordinator – Johnson/Wyandotte County KS in Topeka, Kansas
Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
Aetna Better Health of Kansas, is committed to helping people on their path to better health. By taking a total and connected approach to health, we guide and support our members so they can get more out of life, every day. We are looking for talent like you who value excellence, integrity, caring and innovation. As an employee, you’ll join a team dedicated to improving the lives of Aetna Better Health of Kansas members. We value diversity and are dedicated to helping you achieve your career goals.
This will be a full-time telework role, however, will require 50-75% travel for face to face visits once COVID restrictions are lifted.
Schedule is Monday-Friday, standard business hours.
Develop, implement, support, and promote Health Services strategies, tactics, policies, and programs that drive the delivery of quality healthcare to establish competitive business advantage for Aetna. Health Services strategies, policies, and programs are comprised of utilization management, quality management, network management and clinical coverage and policies.
Utilizes critical thinking and judgment to collaborate and inform the case management process, in order to facilitate appropriate healthcare outcomes for members by providing care coordination, support and education for members through the use of care management tools and resources.
Evaluation of Members:
– Through the use of care management tools and information/data review, conducts comprehensive evaluation of referred member's needs/eligibility and recommends an approach to case resolution and/or meeting needs by evaluating member's benefit plan and available internal and external programs/services.
– Identifies high risk factors and service needs that may impact member outcomes and care planning components with appropriate referral to clinical case management or crisis intervention as appropriate
– Coordinates and implements assigned care plan activities and monitors care plan progress.
Enhancement of Medical Appropriateness and Quality of Care:
– Using holistic approach consults with case managers, supervisors, Medical Directors and/or other health programs to overcome barriers to meeting goals and objectives; presents cases at case conferences to obtain multidisciplinary review in order to achieve optimal outcomes .
– Identifies and escalates quality of care issues through established channels.
– Utilizes negotiation skills to secure appropriate options and services necessary to meet the member's benefits and/or healthcare needs.
– Utilizes influencing/ motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement and promote lifestyle/behavior changes to achieve optimum level of health.
– Provides coaching, information and support to empower the member to make ongoing independent medical and/or healthy lifestyle choices.
– Helps member actively and knowledgably participate with their provider in healthcare decision-making.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation of Care:
– Utilizes case management and quality management processes in compliance with regulatory and accreditation guidelines and company policies and procedures
-1+ year(s) behavioral health, social services, social work or human services field. -Willing and able to travel 50-75% of their time to meet members face to face Johnson , Wyandotte County KS and surrounding areas/counties
– Reliable transportation required; Mileage is reimbursable as per company policy.
Preferred Qualifications – Computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency is required in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, and MS Office Suite applications, including Word and Excel is strongly preferred. – Case management and discharge planning experience preferred – Managed Care experience preferred -1-year Experience in Home and Community based services (HCBS) waiver. Education
Bachelor's degree or non-licensed master level clinician required, with either degree being in behavioral health or human services preferred (psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, counseling).
The typical pay range for this role is:
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies. For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through ColleagueRelations@CVSHealth.com If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.
- CVS Health Jobs