Performance Food Group Driver Helper in Syosset, New York
Performance Metro NY (0610)
Employment Location/Domicile Depot: 225 Underhill Blvd., Syosset, NY
Shift Details: 4:30 AM - Finish (Overtime After 40 hours - Monday thru Friday)
Pay Rate: $15.50 Per Hour (Weekly Paycheck with Direct Deposit Available)
Company Benefits Offered after 30 Days of Employment (Medical, Dental, Vision, + Many More)
Paid Time off (Vacation, Holidays, Sick, Personal)
Career Advancement Opportunities
The Driver Helper position will perform the following duties:
· Assists the driver in the safe and accurate delivery of the product to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
· Responds timely to management and others in regards to delivery information.
· Performs all work safely and in accordance with company policy, procedures and preferred work methods. Reports unsafe conditions immediately.
· Completes required paperwork and all work assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
· Requires accurate identification of product to ensure the correct product, in satisfactory condition, is located on the trailer/truck and unloaded at customer locations.
· Uses hand truck/two-wheeler to move product using ramps and/or stairs.
· Stacks and unstacks products from pallets to prepare for delivery stops.
· Interacts respectfully and courteously with coworkers and customers.
· Performs other tasks as assigned per business needs.
Address Line 1:
1 IKEA Drive
Syosset, New York (NY)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy (http://pfgc.com/Policy) ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster (http://pfgc.com/Poster) and supplement (http://pfgc.com/Supplement) ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement (http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency) .
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times, including weekends, holidays, and overtime as required for the position.
• Able to stand, walk, reach and lift repeatedly throughout shift.
• Able to lift, stack, and/or pull products off stacks/pallets, from various heights. Products generally weigh 10-35 pounds and may weigh up to 60-90 pounds, depending on the location's product inventory.
• Able to use two-wheeler/hand cart moving up and down ramps and stairs repeatedly throughout shift.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Able to pass pre-employment drug test.
• 6-12 months warehouse and/or distribution work experience. (i.e. construction, distribution warehouse, equipment/machine operator, farmhand, freight handler, furniture delivery, beverage delivery or other positions which require continuous activity and heavy lifting).
• Foodservice distribution or related industry experience.
Address Line 2:
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
Click Here for Benefits Information (https://pfgc.com/Careers.aspx#benefits)
Performance Food Group
- Performance Food Group Jobs