Performance Food Group Order Selector in Suffolk, Virginia
Performance Foodservice Tidewater (0555)
An Order Selector is responsible for selecting product in a safe and efficient manner, which includes reading labels, placing product in the proper locations on pallets and preparing it for shipping. Selectors accomplish this by following standard work instructions and operating heavy equipment (pallet jacks/forklifts). The position is physically demanding and entails exposure to varying temperature zones.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
Scan job functions into labor clock; obtain proper paperwork for the shift
Manual transfer of cased product from pick slots to pallet and affix label
Secure products on pallets; build according to prescribed procedures
Pay close attention to detail while performing job duties including but not limited to reading labels, selection, tranfers, palletizing, etc.
Stock and set up selection area
Meet selection standards and accuracy standards
Safely operate all warehouse equipment and obey all safety rules
Read alpha and numeric codes from pick sheets and slots
Work in multi-temperature areas as assigned
May select products using Vocollect technology
Produce a quality work output on a consistent basis
Other projects or duties as assigned.
Medical, Dental, and Vision after 30 days
Company Matched 401k
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous Paid Time Off
Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
Address Line 1:
1201 Progress Road
Suffolk, Virginia (VA)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy (http://pfgc.com/Policy) ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster (http://pfgc.com/Poster) and supplement (http://pfgc.com/Supplement) ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement (http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency) .
• 6 months experience in a highly physical, labor intensive position (ie. construction, distribution warehouse, equipment/machine operator, farmhand, freight handler or other positions which require continuous activity and heavy lifting and/or which deals with multi-temperatures)
• Must have the ability to work in varying temperature zones, from freezer temperatures to non-air conditioned temperatures in the summer
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively and up to 80 pounds occasionally
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Must have the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment including the use and types of materials/tools, method and work instructions
• Must be a team player, including the ability to communicate well with others
• Must be able to work independently with little supervision
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to produce quality work
• Must have a strong service orientation
• Must have basic math skills
• Must have basic reading skills
• Must be able to work a full-time schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays and overtime as required
• Must be 18 years of age
• Must pass a post offer drug test and background check
High School Diploma/GED or State Approved Equivalent.
6-12 months warehouse and/or distribution work experience.
Foodservice distribution or related industry experience.
Experience using a motorized pallet jack.
Motorized pallet jack certified.
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
Click Here for Benefits Information (https://pfgc.com/Careers.aspx#benefits)
Performance Food Group
- Performance Food Group Jobs