Lowe's District Manager in St Peters, Missouri
Purpose of Role:
This primary purpose of this job is ultimate responsibility for overall store performance (maximum 12-14 stores) within Districts, with a primary focus on sales and profitability. The job is expected to drive store sales growth and profitability by approaching the business strategically, studying issues and opportunities within the local markets, and working to develop/implement long-range plans that drive business objectives. The job will coach and develop the leadership talent in the District and constantly prepare and lead people through change. The job must empower Store Managers to lead the businesses and manage operations autonomously within the stores. District Managers are expected to have all stores in a state of sales and service readiness at all times and ensure that all corporate-originated programs are optimally implemented.
• Partners with the SVP to review District strategies and then takes specific tactical steps to execute the strategy successfully across individual stores within the District and ensures Store Managers understands his/her impact and responsibility in delivering to that strategy.
• Drives the execution of all corporate and regional programs designed to drive sales and service in the stores; establishes a Sales Culture by setting clear and measurable sales goals for stores; holds store management accountable for attaining those goals while also helping them understand the intent and inspiring them to drive for results on their own.
• Ensures that stores within the District meet or exceed service expectations; ensures Store Managers understand level of service offered by competition and capitalize on available opportunities; champions and embraces Corporate initiatives / technologies and leverages them to create a differentiating level of service.
• Establishes key District priorities and communicates those priorities to Store Managers to ensure the alignment of the District with overall company strategy.
• Makes regular visits to Stores in the District to validate that the Lowe’s Brand presentation standards are maintained at all times; takes swift and appropriate action when standards do not meet expectations.
• Reviews store staffing/payroll and other controllable expenses reports (e.g., sales/payroll weekly reports, FT/PT ratio reports, controllable expense reports) and takes action when something does not meet company standards; actively looks for new ways to improve store staffing productivity and ways to reduce store expenses; partners with and supports Area Staff to ensure execution of operational programs.
• Develops Store Managers into leaders who run stores autonomously and at the highest level of consistent performance; works constantly to stretch, challenge and develop leaders in stores in an effort to keep the leadership pipeline full; attracts and develops talented and diverse employees to drive overall sales and profitability performance within the District.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
• 4 years as a Store Manager for Lowe’s OR 4 years as a Store Manager (operations management experience in retail operation with revenues in excess of $40 million)
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs