The Whole Person RN Case Manager in St. Joseph, Missouri
RN Case Manager
The Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Work for The Whole Person:
1) Top Pay our RN Salary range is 65,000 - 90 + based on your experience
2) New Hires get 5+ weeks (224 hours) of Paid Time Off (PTO) a year - this goes up at 2-year anniversary and 5-year anniversary!
3) Unused PTO rolls over to the next year - up to 350 hours
4) Flexible hours, you know who you need to visit, we let you dictate your schedule
5) We pay 100% of the Employee's Insurance costs for: Medical, Dental, Vision, Gap Medical
Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability and a $20,000 Term Life Insurance Policy
6) We pay 6.37% of your gross into your Retirement Plan - 403(b)
7) 11 Legal Holidays that aren't counted toward your PTO!
8) TWP will provides company vehicles for travel
9) We are a $35 million Not-for-Profit with 88 Full-time and 30+ part-time Employees
10) This year, our organization celebrated 40 years in the Greater Kansas City Area
The Whole Person also highly encourages people with disabilities to apply to any and all positions!
Complete assessment and nursing care in accordance with quality standards. Provide initial and on-going nursing assessment and appropriate care based on clinical and professional judgment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Completes an initial assessment of participant and family to determine home care needs including a complete physical assessment and history of health issues; determine nursing diagnosis
Re-assess participant health and nursing needs as required and provide health care instructions;
Develops a nursing care plan that identifies goals and establishes therapeutic, preventive and rehabilitative nursing actions; assures participant and family involvement in the planning process;
Implement appropriate therapeutic, preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures as outlined in the plan of care; makes necessary revisions as participant status and needs change;
Provides counsel to participant in meeting health needs;
Develops and implements discharge planning as part of the plan of care;
Ensures that all services are delivered consistent with standard practice of professional nursing;
Documentation of contacts and needed follow up information is accurate, thorough and completed within agency, funding source and regulatory authority timelines;
Participate in certification and regulatory authority surveys as assigned ;
Completes special projects as assigned by supervisor;
Provide nursing services to participants consistent with established professional nursing practices, state and federal licensing regulations;
Exercise professional judgment to assess participant need, evaluate and plan for meeting care needs and to implement the authorized Plan of Care;
Make home visits to participants to provide nursing services;
Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician as necessary and at least every 60 days;
Effectively communicates with the physician regarding the participants needs and reports changes in the participant’s condition; obtains/receives physician orders as required;
Ensures that equipment and other necessary items/services are available in a timely manner;
Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care every 14 days;
Participates in On-Call rotation as assigned.
Conducts marketing activities under the direction of supervisor.
Conducts quality control of Oasis entries as directed by supervisor.
Regular and Predictable Attendance
· Bachelor’s degree with one year experience in home health preferred
· Satisfactory background check.
· Licensed in the State of Missouri as a Registered Nurse
· Must maintain current CPR certification.
· Ability to travel.
· Handles emergency or crisis situations in an effective manner.
· Remains flexible when faced with schedule changes, interruptions or need to deal with difficult situations
· Keeps confidential information confidential
· Demonstrating personal integrity and sound judgment
· Models professional attitude and demeanor
· Establishes priorities, demonstrates sound time management and organizational skills
· Demonstrates the willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
· Engaging in active and careful listening to others