Great Southern Bank Personal Banker I in St Charles, Missouri
Come be a part of something greater! Great Southern Bank is committed to fostering an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed at every level. By embracing diversity, we celebrate and value differences in age, outlook, cultural background, lifestyle and physical ability. We offer career opportunities and advancement across a wide range of disciplines. Ranked #1 Forbes Best Bank 2021, come join our team of customer service experts today!
Responsible for attaining sales goals, providing customer support and service, and developing customer relationships. Meet or exceed all production goals, Banking Center Associate Standards, and regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Implements and administers procedures to attain established performance goals set forth by Management. Meets or exceeds all production goals. This duty is performed about 35% of the time.
Develops customer relationships by identifying needs and making appropriate recommendations for products and/or services. Expands existing relationships and attracts new business by seeking referrals from all customers and soliciting products and services by phone. Consistently and accurately uses CRM program in various capacities, including customer profiling. This duty is performed about 25% of the time.
Provides professional, courteous service to all customers including opening new accounts and processing loan requests. Meets or exceeds Secret Shop score expectations. This duty is performed about 20% of the time.
Maintains a strong working knowledge of and ensures full compliance with all applicable banking regulations. Maintains confidentiality of customer account information, security alarm codes and general codes used within the facility. Ensures effective implementation of bank security policies and procedures, and attends annual BSA and Security training. Performs new account opening with minimal errors. This duty is performed about 20% of the time.
Maintains regular and reliable attendance, punctuality and personal appearance. Reads, writes, and communicates in a clear and efficient manner via various types of correspondence, such as, in person, phone, email, letters, etc. Adheres to all company policies and procedures, as well as all applicable banking rules, regulations, and laws (including BSA/AML).
Performs any other related duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or GED
• 1 to 2 years of related experience and/or training
• At least one year of sales/customer service experience preferred
• Prior banking experience is preferred
• A valid motor vehicle operator’s license and/or ability to travel to training sites and other banking center locations is required.
• Regular use of desktop/laptop computer, basic operating systems, and specialized software systems.
• Basic experience with alphanumeric data entry, PowerPoint, Excel, and word processing
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
• Semi-repetitive and low physical activities.
• Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
• While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear; regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Great Southern Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, treating all candidates and employees equitably without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Rotating Saturdays 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Total Hours: 35-40
Job Grade: 7