Great Southern Bank Payment Operations Representative I - Wires in Springfield, Missouri
Come be a part of something greater! Great Southern Bank is committed to fostering an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed at every level. By embracing diversity, we celebrate and value differences in age, outlook, cultural background, lifestyle and physical ability. We offer career opportunities and advancement across a wide range of disciplines. Ranked #1 Forbes Best Bank 2021, come join our team of customer service experts today!
Responsible for processing all incoming wires received from the Federal Reserve and all outgoing wires for internal and external customers. Responsible for reconciling, data entry, and balancing tasks. Responds to all wire inquiries and resolves routine problems for all internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for processing incoming and outgoing wire requests for internal and external customers, including both domestic and international requests, according to department policies and procedures. This duty is performed daily, about 55% of the time.
Responsible for regular monitoring and reconciliation of all general ledger and internal bank accounts pertaining to wire transfers. Responsible for balancing wire transfer activity throughout the day and at the end of each day. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
Works closely with several internal departments for correct placement of loan payoffs, Same Day Settlement funding, and other internal wire requirements. This duty is performed daily, about 25% of the time.
Responds to all internal and external customer inquiries in a timely, effective, and courteous manner, referring escalated matters or errors to the Supervisor. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
Maintains regular and reliable attendance, punctuality and personal appearance. Reads, writes, and communicates in a clear and efficient manner via various types of correspondence, such as, in person, phone, email, letters, etc. Adheres to all company policies and procedures, as well as all applicable banking rules, regulations, and laws (including BSA/AML).
Performs any other related duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or GED
• 0-6 months of related experience and/or training.
• Regular use of desktop/laptop computer, basic operating systems, and specialized software systems.
• Basic experience with alphanumeric data entry, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word Processing
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
• Semi-repetitive and low physical activities.
• Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
• While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Great Southern Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, treating all candidates and employees equitably without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Total Hours: 40
Job Grade: 5