Dominion Energy Renewable Energy Technician / Senior Renewable Energy Technician (SOUTH BOSTON,VA) in SOUTH BOSTON, Virginia
Renewable Energy Technician / Senior Renewable Energy Technician (SOUTH BOSTON,VA)
Date: Nov 22, 2022
Location: SOUTH BOSTON, VA, US, 24592
Company: Dominion Energy
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
The primary responsibilities of a Renewable Energy Technician are a full range of duties associated with the operations and maintenance of Dominion Energy’s renewable energy and battery storage facilities, both energized and deenergized. A Renewable Energy Technician will develop skills to prepare themselves for potential advancement in Renewable Operations and Maintenance. A Renewable Energy Technician will also be responsible for leading work, at times. Most of this work will be performed outside in all types of weather conditions.
The primary responsibilities of a Senior Renewable Energy Technician are a full range of duties associated with the operations and maintenance of Dominion Energy’s renewable energy and battery storage facilities, both energized and deenergized. A Senior Renewable Energy Technician is the top level in the Renewable Energy Technician job progression. A Senior Renewable Energy Technician will also be responsible for leading work including advanced troubleshooting activities. Most of this work will be performed outside in all types of weather conditions. This position requires strong electrical and mechanical aptitude and interest. Specific functions include but are not limited to the following activities:
• Ensuring safety and environmental rules and regulations are observed
• Safely operating company vehicles
• Perform planned and corrective maintenance at renewable energy and battery storage sites
• Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting
• Lead work in groups that include Assistant Renewable Energy Technicians
• Perform site and environmental walkdowns on a weekly or more frequent basis
• Oversight of work performed by third-party vendors
• Operating various types of equipment used in the construction process (diggers, aerial devices, etc.)
Renewable Energy Technicians: The starting pay rate will be $24.91 hour advancing progressively to $26.83 per hour after eighteen months of service.
Senior Renewable Energy Technicians: The starting pay rate will be $27.63 per hour advancing progressively to $32.50 per hour after nine months of service.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
A Renewable Energy Technician must possess the following required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• 5 years of experience working in the commercial or industrial electrical or I&C fields with familiarity of solar renewables
A Senior Renewable Energy Technician must possess the following required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• 7 years of experience working in the commercial or industrial electrical or I&C fields with familiarity of solar renewables
Other required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
• Lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis
• Carry up to 60 pounds
• Work on ladders
• Walk significant distances at a time
• Must be on call for overtime (nights, weekends and holidays) and quickly respond for emergent restorations
• Use electrical maintenance and hand tools
• Operate company provided vehicles on public roadways
• Computer application aptitude (Microsoft Office, Work Management Systems, SCADA systems etc.)
• Work outside in all weather environments
• Successful completion of company provided training program.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old with a GED or high school diploma. A valid driver’s license is required. Due to weight limits on equipment, weight restriction of 290 pounds applies. In addition, this job requires the successful completion of a NERC background check.
Military service members and veterans with ranks from E3-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O3, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined above.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined above.
• GED or HS diploma required
• Technical/Associates educations are advantageous
• Demonstrated related experience may be substituted for formal degrees or certificates
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Confined Spaces 51-75%
Dust / Grease / Oil 51-75%
Loud Noise 51-75%
Operating Machinery 76-100%
Union - IBEW Local 50 VA/NC/WVA
Other Working Conditions
No testing required.
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Nearest Major Market: Charlottesville
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Aerial Operator, Electrical, Technician, Engineering, Energy, Technology
- Dominion Energy Jobs