Lowe's Mechanic - Tool Technician in Sikeston, Missouri
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products customers need. As a Mechanic/Tool Technician, this means:
• Being friendly and professional, and engaging Pro and DIY customers to help with project needs and answer questions.
• Ensuring merchandise is accurately accounted for, handled, and ready for customer pick-up.
• Communicating and demonstrating, when possible, the safe operation of the rental and shop tools
Mechanic/Tool Technicians are responsible for the evaluation and repair of small engines, outdoor power equipment and handheld electrical devices. This position makes equipment recommendations and ensures that units are maintained including but not limited to; fuel systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems and propane systems. Technicians will be expected to provide service to store customers in Tool Rental which includes writing customer contracts and invoices for equipment rental and tool repairs, checking to make sure tool is operating properly and demonstrating its proper use (as needed). In addition to supporting customer rental needs, they are also responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of equipment in the tool rental department. Technicians must have a thorough knowledge of all rental and shop tools and must effectively manage the rental and shop tool inventory by maintaining the rental and shop tools and repairing them as necessary.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• 2 years of experience in small engine repair, can include apprenticeships or on the job training
• Certification, Diploma, or associate degree in small engine repair, electronic equipment technology or electrical engineering technology
• 1 year of retail experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
• 1 year of retail experience providing customer service, including identifying and resolving customer issues, assisting customers in locating product, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business.
• 1 year of retail merchandising experience, including performing Zone Recovery, stocking, down stocking, facing/fronting product, pricing, maintaining signage, and housekeeping.
• 1 year of retail experience in related department (e.g., hardware, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden, lumber/building materials).
• 1 year of experience in a customer service position at a home improvement or hardware retailer in related department (e.g., hardware, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden, lumber/building materials).
• 1 year of experience working in any department at a Lowe's retail store.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Lowe's Jobs