Aerotek Field Technician in Savannah, Georgia
Construction Field / Materials Technicians to perform field inspections and observations for commercial construction projects. Employee will be fully trained in use of the equipment necessary to accomplish their work.
• Transports equipment, specimens or documents to field personnel, clients or other offices, and provides physical assistance in equipment set-up.
• Prepare and submit written field reports summarizing daily activities/observations and results.
• Observe proofrolls, undercut operations, perform footing inspections with dynamic cone penetrometer, and inspect rebar.
• Will monitor work procedures for compliance with project specifications.
• Will interact with client representative (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at project sites.
• Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of testing data.
• Performs sampling or testing as directed.
• Provides assistance to other field personnel
• Cleans equipment, vehicles and work areas
• Assists other technicians or professional staff on routine tasks
• Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
No medical monitoring necessary
soil, materials, blueprint, inspect, sample, concrete, test, construction, technician, concrete
Top Skills Details:
construction, field technician, materials, testing, entry level, labor, tools
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 1-5 years + Construction related experience (preferably on the civil side)
• Will take someone with a construction laborer experience looking for advancement
• Ability to evaluate soil subgrade prior to placement of fill and perform standard soil Proctor and moisture checks
• Ability to learn to read and understand site grading drawings as they progress with Terracon
• Ability to stoop and kneel at times throughout the day
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs