Scripps Health STERILE PROCESSING TECH in San Diego, California
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla has been one of Southern California’s premier medical centers for more than 90 years.In 2018, Scripps La Jolla was ranked No. 1 by U.S. News & World Report for the San Diego region and among the best in the nation in seven specialties. We are consistently recognized for quality patient care and we were the first hospital in San Diego to bedesignated a Magnet Hospitalby the American Nursing Association for excellence in patient care.
We invite you to join our highly engaged team in the Sterile Processing department, where we work very closely with the Surgery department in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. You will be working with a detail-oriented team that is proud to have zero incidents of bioburden. Our leadership team provides amazing support to the staff, and the surgeons we support have great respect for the team.
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the cleaning, packaging, sterilization, storage, and distribution of medical instruments, equipment, and supplies used for patient care. You will also:
- Clean and disinfect equipment requiring decontamination or sterilization according to designated principles of asepsis.
- Responsible for testing and recording of sterilizer equipment performance to ensure operating within sterility standards.
- Maintain established control systems for supplies and equipment processed.
This is a full-time varied 10 hour evening shift position with benefits.
Required Experience/Specialized Skills:
- Completion of college training program for SPD or online study program or completion of formal on the job training program.
- Knowledge of sterilizers, surgical instrumentation, and medical equipment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) or CBSPD Certification
- One year of experience in SPD in lieu of certification acceptable upon hire, but CRCST or CBSPD Certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- 2 years of experience
Job: *Pt Care Technical
Organization: *Scripps La Jolla Hospital
Title: STERILE PROCESSING TECH
Location: Central San Diego County-LA JOLLA-SCRIPPS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL LA JOLLA
Requisition ID: 1049190