SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Park Operations Assistant Supervisor in San Diego, California
Park Operations Assistant Supervisor
SeaWorld San Diego
At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 37,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!
What you get to do:
· Ensure a safe environment for all team members, guests, and animals
· Responsible for the development of OJT’s and ambassadors by providing training, feedback and coaching.
· Ensure compliance to all state/federal regulations, park policies, and department procedures
· Ensure ambassadors receive break and meal periods in accordance with company policy and applicable law.
· Maintain the highest level of cleanliness in the park, conduct quality inspections of assigned areas, and follow up on any opportunities to improve
· Maintain inventory and stock/replace areas supplies and equipment as needed
· Conduct equipment and safety checks in compliance with department and company standards
· Attend to ambassadors and follow park protocol in emergency situations
· Respond to ambassador and guest needs
· Communicate effectively with other areas within the department as well as other departments in the park
· Track information to complete daily and weekly reports
· Report to Supervisors and Managers regarding the status of projects and completed assignments
What it takes to succeed:
· Possession of a valid state driver’s license
· Must be available to work early mornings, starting as early as 4am.
· Must be able to complete provided CPR/AED training/certification
· Must be able to be trained and certified at all assigned areas and job functions
· Must be able to climb stairs/ladders
· Must be able to operate and maneuver in/around tight spaces
· Must be able to use heavy equipment for cleaning
· Must be comfortable with exposure to noise and vibrations
· Must be able to work in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
· Must be able to train on and properly use protective gear
· Must be comfortable working around fumes/dust/odor
· Must be able to bend, sit, stand, squat, stoop, walk, kneel, reach with hands and arms at shoulder level or below, climb and reach with hands and arms above shoulder level
· Must be comfortable speaking in front of large groups of guests and team members
· Must be able to remain calm and professional during challenging situations
· Must have a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
· Must be able to lift or move 75lbs.
SeaWorld San Diego
San Diego, CA