Dairy Farmers of America Filler Operator in San Antonio, Texas
Position : Filler Operator
Location : San Antonio, Texas
Requisition ID: : 23668
· The Filler Operator is responsible for ensuring optimum quality products through the operation of the filler of various product families following regulatory standards, ensuring the product is clean and sterile.
· Clean, set-up, operate and monitor equipment of the production line.
· Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks.
· Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product.
· Make adjustments to filler timing and filling, & check mat as needed.
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
· Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing.
· Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
· Will have working knowledge and experience with labeler operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent downtime due to error.
· Perform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe and efficient manner.
· Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run.
· Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
· Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
· Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
· Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
· Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
· Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
· Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
· Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
· 6 months related experience required.
· Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Must be able to stand, walk, push, or pull for virtually the entire shift.
· Must be able to lift- up to 50 pounds occasionally including overhead.
· Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to cleaning chemicals.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
· Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be able to pass all pre*employment screens (including drug, background, and criminal checks).
An Equal Opportunity Employer