Sutter Health Senior Integrated Disability and Absence Management Team Member in Sacramento, California
Manages leaves of absence (LOA) specific to an employee’s own serious medical condition. Provides oversight and management of a leave case from the date of initiation through return to work or termination (as applicable); After receiving a leave/case assignment, administers the leave in accordance with established policies and procedures, in compliance with state and federal law and collective bargaining agreement, if applicable. Leave management will be conducted on leaves that qualify under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), California Family Rights Act (CFRA), Non-occupational Medical Leave policy, Occupational Leave policy, Organ/Donor Leave, Victims of Domestic Violence Leave, Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation and high-risk Pregnancy Leaves. Processes all continuous leave requests assigned, coordinating, interpreting and applying leave policies, drafting letters of communication, reviewing medical certifications, calculating and monitoring leave duration, authorizing or denying all LOA requests and coordinating return to work opportunities including facilitation of transitional return to work program placement where appropriate. Also tracks and monitors all aspects of their case load to assure compliance with governmental and facility-specific policies and collective bargaining agreement, if applicable, and documenting all case specific and record keeping activities in the IDAM Information System Interprets and clarifies the LOA policy guidelines to employees, supervisors and managers to ensure accurate, fair and consistent application of policy provisions and escalates issues to the appropriate IDAM or WC Coordinator or management resource. In collaboration with the appropriate Coordinator, HRBP and/or unit supervisor, elevates cases/employees with job performance or employee absenteeism issues without proper approval or notification, and collaborates with the appropriate parties to mitigate unauthorized lost productivity and addressing job performance concerns.
Engages with the appropriate IDAM Coordinator when necessary to ensure accurate and legally compliant coordination of leave entitlements and timely identification of cases potentially requiring ADA accommodation consideration or potential thereof. The appropriate IDAM Coordinator or W.C. Coordinator is also engaged as needed to ensure the timely and appropriate clearance/transition back to work (return to work program), engagement in the interactive process and escalated leave management.
AA/AS degree or eqivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Professional Disability Manager desired.
• Current experience in Workers Compensation, Disability Management or Human Resources as typically acquiried in three (3) to five (5) years
• Current experience in interpreting and communicating policy provisions as typically acquiried in three (3) to five (5) years.
• Current experience processing leaves of absence requests and managing leaves from initial leave request through return to work as typically acquiried in three (3) to five (5) years.
• Experience in interpreting and communicating policy provisions within the last year.
• Demonstrated current knowledge of Federal and State regulations regarding State Disability, Family Medical Leave Act, California Family Rights Act, Pregnancy Disability Leave, Reasonable Accommodation, American’s with Disabilities Act, and Fair Employment and Housing Act and Workers Compensation.
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Demonstrated knowledge of State regulations regarding State Disability and Paid Family Leave, and State and Federal regulations regarding mandated leaves and time off.
• Possess proficient computer skills using Professional Microsoft Office Computer Software as well as the ability to learn and use system specific software.
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Possess excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and customer service skills.
• Possess effective listening and conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrated independent decision-making, within position authority, functioning with minimal supervision within the last year.
• Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
• Ability to exercise significant patience, understanding and empathy when dealing with all contacts and possess the ability to maintain the integrity of confidential information.
• Ability to work with diverse health care and administrative professionals at all organizational levels.
• Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Sacramento
Organization: Sutter Health System Office
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.