RBA Staffing Direct Hire Maintenance Technician in Rochester, New York
DIRECT HIRE Maintenance Technician - 10 Hour Shift
Job Types: Full-time, Direct Hire
Hours: Wed-Sat, 9pm-7:30am
RBA Staffing has a Direct Hire Maintenance Technician position available for those seeking to work 10-hour night shifts.
The Maintenance Technician will install, repair, and maintain molding machinery, assembly equipment, robots, packaging equipment and plant structures. Able to perform a wide range of assignments both mechanical and electrical. Considerable knowledge of molding equipment and its operation is required. Must have excellent troubleshooting skills in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and controls systems.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Observes all company safety rules and regulations when performing work. Required to be knowledgeable of OSHA standards and other occupational hazards.
• Works from equipment specifications, drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
• Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
• Disassembles mechanical devices such as resin screws, barrels, cylinders, valves, pumps, gearboxes to remove defective parts and make lasting repairs. Uses hoists, cranes, hand tools, power tools and occasionally fabricated fixtures. Reassembles mechanical devices and installs new parts.
• Sets up and operates drill press, grinders, welders, mills, lathes and other metal working tools to fabricate and repair parts. Must have personal hand tools and toolbox.
• Follow all lock out / tag out procedures
• Identify and problem-solving equipment malfunctions and root cause defects and quickly implementing corrective actions.
• Contact vendors to place orders for spare / replacement parts, supplies, tools and completing all necessary documentation.
• Operation of all types of material handling vehicles including fork trucks and scissor lifts.
• Must be available for “call-ins” and overtime.
• Associate Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical Technology or equivalent formal training and 5+ years of industrial work experience.
• 5+ Years Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Must have extensive Hydraulic (Servo Hydraulic) and Pneumatic systems troubleshooting and repair experience
• Must be able to do mechanical troubleshooting, electrical, and electronic repairs
• Knowledge of plastic molding equipment is desired
• Must have excellent communication skills, work in a team environment and the ability to train and provide guidance to others
• Licensed to operate all types of material handling vehicles including fork trucks and scissor lifts.
• Must have extensive electrical control system and PLC experience, preferable with Allen Bradley.
• Must be customer and quality focused.
• Ability to lift/move heavy objects, bend, reach, kneel, climb ladders and stand for extended periods.
RBA Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of RBA Staffing to provide equal opportunity in employment and conditions of employment to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, veteran or military status, disability, pregnancy-related condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, marital status, familial status, prior arrest, domestic violence victim status, non-job related convictions, participation in lawful activities outside of our workplace, or any other status protected by law.