Federal Reserve Bank Research Associate, Regional and Community Analysis (Entry Level) in Richmond, Virginia
At the Richmond Fed, we’re driven by our mission to strengthen the economy and our communities. We take great pride in what we do and it impacts everyday people every day.
When you join our team, you’ll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we’ll provide challenging and purposeful work opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It’s all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!
*About the Opportunity *
The Research Department has an immediate opening for a Research Associate to join a collaborative team of research analysts and regional economists in our Regional and Community Analysis unit. This is a 2 - 3 year position for someone who seeks experience prior to pursuing graduate study or other job opportunities.
You will conduct basic research and data analysis to support a range of activities in the department, from internal briefings for the Bank President to external presentations and publications for the public. Bring your strong analytical skills, a firm grasp of economic principles, and a desire to continuously learn and grow! The position is located in the Bank’s riverfront headquarters building in Richmond, Va.
With your application, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample. Documents should be uploaded as attachments to your electronic submission.
What You Will Do:
- Perform basic research including literature searches, data collection, and data organization
- Create charts and other data visuals for internal and external presentations
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data and analysis
- Support the development and automation of data repositories for various geographies in the Fifth Federal Reserve District
- Contribute writing, chart making, and data analysis to Bank publications such as Regional Matters
- Collaborate on research activities with people at all levels of the organization
- Maintain records and perform data upkeep including cleaning and managing large data sets
We are seeking candidates with a Bachelor’s degree, with extensive coursework in economics (preferred). Applicants must have a GPA of 3.3 or higher. Experience with computer programming and statistical analysis software packages (such as Matlab, C, Fortran, Gauss, Stata and R) is highly valued. Strong oral and written communication skills are required. Evidence of interest in research in the form of previous work experience as a research assistant, or completion of a senior thesis, is a plus.
*Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here! *
When you join the Richmond Fed, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
*Other Requirements and Considerations: *
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens or Green Card holders, since sponsorship or practical training extensions are not available for this position.
- Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by May 18, 2021.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
Title: Research Associate, Regional and Community Analysis (Entry Level)
Requisition ID: 268242