Federal Reserve Bank Operations Center Technician: Network (Night Shift) in Richmond, Virginia
*Operations Center Technician: Network (Night Shift)
Location: Richmond, VA *
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve’s National IT organization—a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you’ll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we’ll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It’s all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!
*About the Opportunity *
The National Operations Center (NOC) has an immediate opening for Operations Center Technicians (Network), reporting to the NOC Manager.
As part of the Federal Reserve National Operations Center, will provide various services for the network in support of mission critical financial applications residing on complex infrastructures consisting of network technology. Supports enterprise multi-platform environments that requires disciplines following ITIL methodology. Performs production support tasks which include monitoring of routers, switches, firewalls and carrier networks. Reports results of hardware and software health checks, prepares and executes changes in support of network equipment refreshes and decommissions. Executes tasks in preparation and support of customer application testing and mission critical business continuity testing. Monitors network availability during a designated shift utilizing network hardware/software tools. Diagnoses highly complex network service disruptions and coordinates activities for restoration of disrupted network services. Experienced level position requires developed career in field and gained knowledge of industry practices. Requires moderate level of experience and proficiency in field.
What You Will Do:
• Performs moderate level tasks associated with using predefined programming languages and multiple workstation platforms that monitor/control/configure the network to perform network availability and status checks. Participates in day to day network monitoring activities.
• Participates in network problem determination and resolution activities to ensure problems are corrected in a timely manner. Determines method of resolving problems utilizing network hardware/software diagnostic tools.
• Assists with coordination activities of network operations staff and vendor support personnel in resolving network problems. Uses equipment to ensure problem determination and escalation are executed quickly and records appropriately using software tools.
• Participates in project activities involving implementation of changes to operating procedures/work processes and installation of new equipment within existing network configurations.
• Performs additional duties as assigned based on change requests to ensure customer requirements are delivered on time, accurate, and complete.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge: Progressive knowledge pertaining to network concepts and principles. Experience in configuring and troubleshooting router and switch configurations. General knowledge of department/business lines, Reserve Banks, and / or System operations, policies, procedures and technologies.
Communications: Strong interpersonal, negotiation, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills tailored for the intended audience.
Risk Management: [The individual] is responsible for understanding and applying risk management discipline in decision making, and contributing to his or her function`s risk management.
Decision Making: Works under direction with frequent checks, follows established methods and clear-cut policy. Refers nonstandard and unusual problems to more experienced employees
Working Conditions: Will require the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc. Must be skilled at using monitoring tools and technologies, ticketing systems, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets and other IT tools.
Physical Demands: Requires some degree of sitting (for prolonged periods of time), standing, lifting carrying, pushing, pulling more than 20 lbs. May be exposed to moderate noise from equipment.
Network related certifications desired (CCNA Routing and Switching)
*Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here! *
When you join Federal Reserve’s National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
• Great medical benefits
• Pension and 401(k) with employer match
• Generous paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee resource networks
• Paid volunteer leave
• Flexible work options
• Onsite amenities that make working here fun
*Hours of Work:
The National Operations Operating Center (NOC) operates on a work schedule of seven 12-hour days in 2 weeks. This opening is for the Night shift.
Night shifts are: 7PM to 7:15AM (Eastern)
May be subject to on-call and call back as needed. Schedule is subject to change over time. Weekend coverage is required.
Other Requirements and Considerations:
• Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
• Sponsorship is not available for this role.
• Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
• The hiring range for these roles is $49,100 – 61,400 annually.
• Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
/The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
Title: Operations Center Technician: Network (Night Shift)
Requisition ID: 266747