Lockheed Martin CyberSecurity Engineer - Tenable - Morrisville, NC in Raleigh, North Carolina
Description: Lockheed Martin invites you to step up to one of today’s most daunting yet rewarding challenges as a Lockheed Martin Cyber Security professional. You’ll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Point of Sales Financial Assets, Critical infrastructure, Transportation, Automation and the uninterrupted flow of materials throughout the world which keeps our modern life moving. Here, you’ll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat prediction, detection and eradication before an adversary could gain a foot hold, using industry leading methodologies and tools. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you’ll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the vast resources of Lockheed Martin Corporation to keep cyber threats at bay.
The candidate will be a member of the Lockheed Martin Cyber Solutions Team supporting a US Government and commercial customer. You will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
Responsible for the design, performance, implementation and capacity of the Splunk Platform. Provides senior support for System Admins, Content Manager and Service Engineer to ensure the delivery of Splunk best practices and standards related to each job function.
- Technical lead for Splunk Enterprise Platform for CISO
- Platform Architecture and Capacity planning
- Platform Upgrade and Optimization
- Serve on Change Control Review Board
- End-to-End Technical oversight between technology add-ons and knowledge objects
- Manage Technical Data Governance (Security, Retention Policy, Access Controls, Standards, and Automation)
• Strong Splunk experience in creating effective dashboards, hunting cyber threats using event correlation, and acting on machine intelligence to remediate vulnerabilities and risk to the enterprise
• Knowledge of PCI and SOX guidelines and standards
• Tier 3 support for all Splunk Admins and End Users
• Validates platform config changes, new data sources and knowledge objects like dashboards, reports
• Splunk Best Practices, Operation Plans, Workflows and Processes
• Oversee deployment and performance of the Enterprise Security Application for CISO
• Provide consulting and hands on support for the CISO Engineering team
• Analyze data imports into Splunk for accuracy and completeness; compare data from the various network security tools to identify overlaps and search for gaps.
• Troubleshoots application connectivity and performance through log analysis and network captures, etc.
• CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required) CISSP, Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or Certified Ethical Hacker, SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM CCNA, CCNP
• CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Designation - US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Willingness to submit to a Tier 5 Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
• Experience with Splunk, BMC Atrium, ServiceNow, and enterprise network infrastructures
• Experience with Tenable Nessus, ForeScout CounterACT, Cisco ISE, MobileIron, and Tanium
• Experience with leading Agile (Scrum Master) processes a plus
• Experience with leading Project Management work streams a plus
• Excellent writing skills
• Microsoft office suite of applications
• Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
• Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel with disparate backgrounds.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.