Honeywell Labor & Employment Assistant General Counsel in Prague, Czech Republic
Labor & Employment Assistant General Counsel
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Honeywell Homes is a Business Unit currently within Honeywell’s Home and Building Technologies division, but it is intended to spin off the Honeywell Homes Business Unit and separately list it on the New York Stock Exchange. Honeywell Homes designs, manufactures and sells connected thermostats, connected water leak detectors, and connected security and video systems, as well as water heaters and boiler combustion systems for the residential market. Honeywell Homes also includes the ADI global distribution business for security and low voltage products. Its aggregate worldwide turnover is in excess of $4.5 billion
This position reports directly to the Homes Chief Labor, Employment & Benefits Attorney and will have responsibility for supporting labor and employment law matters across the EMEA region. This position provides general labor & employment support to the regional human resources and business leaders within the region. The position is also responsible for managing the relationships with outside counsel on labor and employment issues.
This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Driving a culture of compliance, including training.
- Advising on critical strategic labor & employment matters, such as the risks and opportunities created by potential employment actions.
- Engaging and supervising outside counsel in litigation matters.
- Working with business Leaders, HR leaders and general counsel to advise on matters related to employment law and provide business applicable solutions on issues including but not limited to: Hiring & Terminations, Social Plans, Restructurings, Discipline issues
- Supporting information and consultation with the European Works Council and national and local works councils and trade unions.
- Supporting internal investigations and conducting same occasionally.
- Working with outside counsel as needed on matters that arise in countries where there is limited or no support, or when an issue arises in an area without internal knowledge.
Responsible for interpretation and application of EU, national and local laws to ensure compliance in all EMEA countries.
25 Influence senior management
25 Coaching and development
25 Act as trusted advisor
25 Manage external counsel
YOU MUST HAVE
- Law degree and appropriate certifications and admissions; including admission to practice in the country of residence.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience with a major Law firm and/or corporation in Europe with significant labor & employment responsibilities, ideally in multiple jurisdictions within Europe.
- Fluency in English required; Multiple language fluency preferred
- Corporate multinational law department experience preferred.
- A passion to succeed in a high volume, global, sophisticated transactional practice.
- Strong intellectual capacity, unquestioned integrity and high personal standards of excellence.
- An insatiable curiosity and interest in international business
- A proactive mindset.
- Understanding of corporate and stakeholder business needs/environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills & outstanding organizational skills
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to prioritize workload based on strategic significance of issues presented when compared across wide client base
- Ability to drive change and process improvement through a geographically dispersed organization
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD34114
- Category: Legal
- Location: V Parku 2326/18, budova 10,2.&3.p., Prague, AA 14800 CZE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.