Cargill Food Scientist in Plymouth, Minnesota
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Do you have a passion for working as a Food Scientist? Want to work for a global company that values excellence? Would you love working in a hardworking team of dedicated professionals? We are looking for someone like you.
The Food Scientist will coordinate, align and innovate through exploration, development and implementation of new and existing products. We seek an experienced professional to provide technical expertise to new product development for product line growth and technology/process development for the creation of new capabilities. In this role, you will identify and implement technical solutions to meet business goals.
• Identify product growth and new product opportunities.
• Review and understand consumer insight and other marketing data and apply this knowledge to new projects for McDonald’s (or Foodservice customers).
• Stay abreast of current market dynamics and trends in the QSR space.
• Provide technical guidance and leadership on products, process development and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight.
• Partner and stay connected with cross-functional teams (marketing, insights, business, ops, food safety quality and regulatory).
• New product development for product line growth & customer menu development
• Process development for the creation of new capabilities Collaborate and build partnerships with cross-functional partners to identify customer needs and translate these into new product development opportunities.
• You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in food science or a related field or four or more years of equivalent experience.
• Two or more years combined professional experience in the following areas: formulation development, ingredient functionality and product commercialization.
• Experience formulating with protein, egg-based and/or breakfast products is advantageous.
• Experience working successfully in a matrixed organization
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Master's degree or other post-secondary degree
• Strategic thinker with ability to build effective plans to support strategic initiatives
• Tech-savvy and comfortable with evolving business-critical technology
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs