Texas Health Resources Vascular Cardiac Sonographer PRN in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Plano is seeking to hire a Vascular Cardiac Sonographer PRN.
The address is 6200 W. Parker Rd, Plano, TX 75093
Salary range is Min. $27.95/hr to Max. $45.00/hr – based on relevant experience
• PRN- as needed; rotating weekends working 7:00am-3:30pm
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian/family member if applicable prior to exam
• Positions patient to correct anatomical area of interest
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
• Adjusts techniques parameters appropriately for age related factor.
• Assists cardiologist with TEE procedures, Stress Echos, and other complex procedures using appropriate techniques.
• Vascular Testing: Carotid/Arterial/Venous Duplex Studies
• Maintains attention to details.
• Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, makes technique adjustments or repeat procedures as needed.
• Correctly maintains images on various electronic media, exports studies to physician reading station and maintains image data files.
• Coordinates with Centralized Scheduling, Cardiovascular Services, physicians and other modalities, doctor’s office and nurses.
• Recognizes normal and abnormal anatomy and physiology relevant to vascular exams.
• Vascular exams include cerebrovascular, transcranial, arterial and venous modalities.
• Demonstrates safe, proactive patient care skills.
• Demonstrates basic computer skills.
• Demonstrates proper utilization and upkeep of equipment
• Vascular/Echo skills: Produces quality vascular exams following department policies and procedures and ICAVL/ICAEL standards.
• Employs relevant guidelines set forth by SVU and SDMS, including scope of practice.
• Uses multidisciplinary, team oriented actions
• Assesses and recognizes the patient’s emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e., suction, oxygen, supplies).
• Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time out procedures
• Greets and acknowledges patients using two forms of ID
• Obtains patient history
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices and monitors patients during imaging
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment
• Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patients
• Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
• Adjusts technical factors
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment
• Applies knowledge of physics and accessories
• Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
• Stocks supplies
• Exchanges and maintains radiology film badges
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards.
Professional Accountability and Partnership
• Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings and checks email
• Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement
• Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary
• Performs assignments deemed necessary by supervisor.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School diploma required or Equivalent Associates Degree Preferred
• Experience required none but 6 months clinical experience strongly preferred
• ECHO experience strongly preferred-this facility don’t do vascular only cardiac and echo
• RCS-Registered Cardiac Sonographer OR RVT-Registered Vascular Tech
OR RVS-Registered Vascular Specialist
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Required
Communication, Computer and Venipuncture
Why Texas Health Resources? Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.