Turner Construction Company Senior Human Resources Manager - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The SR HR Manager is responsible for all aspects of Human Resources within one or more profit centers, including but not limited to employee relations, talent management, talent acquisition, and learning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
• Partner with senior management to manage and communicate and administer various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
• Establish and maintain ongoing connections with all business unit staff (office, field, administrative, and financial) within profit center or region, providing feedback to senior management on issues and concerns with a focus on employee satisfaction and retention
• Advise profit center management on employment decisions, including hiring, disciplinary, and termination decisions, insuring adherence to company policy and compliance with relevant federal and state laws and regulations.
• Coordinate salary planning and compensation administration; provide guidance to supervisors and managers regarding Turner's pay-for-performance philosophy. Review submissions by management and identify pay inequities and anomalies for resolution.
• Identify training needs within the business unit. Facilitate and/or provide training to the workforce, including management training.
• Provide guidance on developing career paths and career development opportunities for employees.
• Manage the performance management process, provide constructive guidance and advise senior management on issues of consistency and equity in the process and decision making. Actively participate in the Senior Review program for the profit center and/or region.
• Develop and establish programs to enhance employee retention and connection with supervisors, including but not limited to employee surveys, employee focus groups, etc.
• Participate in establishing goals and making decisions for the regional HR department. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures for continuous improvement in efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Working with Community Affairs Director, develop affirmative action plans for profit centers; remain current with OFCCP regulations and maintain compliance with all OFCCP regulations.
• Conduct investigations into matters such as allegations of harassment or discrimination.
• Serve as liaison with outside counsel on employment-related matters.
• Represent company with outside vendors and government agencies.
• Work with department heads and hiring managers to develop understanding of job duties, responsibilities and business requirements.
• Review applications and perform preliminary screening of applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements. Provide guidance to manager in making competitive offers and facilitate the entire offer and on-boarding cycle.
• May manage one or more HR Administrators and/or HR Generalists.