Comcast Principal Software Engineer, CoMPASS in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The X1 platform is revolutionizing the TV viewing experience. A critical part of that is helping our customers get to the content they love quicker and easily discover new content. The CoMPASS Personalization Team is in the business of making data driven decisions to build a sophisticated system which helps X1 users find the shows they love as well as new content tailored to their unique interests. We're looking for a talented software engineer who is excited to build a performant, scalable, robust system to improve the content discovery experience on the X1 platform.
Software Engineers on the personalization team are involved in all phases of development, from turning product requirements into fully operationalized production systems.
- Making data driven decisions is our forte we love data and all the goodness that is a result of clean data pipelines.
- We love learning new technologies and figuring out what works best when (depending on the use case).
- We're not process heavy but lean on it when needed.
- We value talking through ideas or hashing out details collaboratively.
- We love working on features that have impact to our customers.
Example of projects you'll work on:
- Contribute to the personalization platform that includes real time relevancy and content recommendations with the goal of putting the most relevant content for our customers.
- Contribute to our recommendations algorithms utilizing the latest Machine Learning and Deep Learning libraries.
- Contribute to our big data platform in AWS.
- Build jobs that leverage the latest streaming and batch processing frameworks to build our data pipeline to gather the signals we need to support the recommendations platform [Think 10s of millions of users].
- Contribute to our web-service tier that services millions of requests per day.
- In the spirit of making data driven decisions, contribute to our campaign platform that allows us to run targeting and a/b testing campaigns.
- Fluent in JVM based languages such as Java or Scala.
- Experience developing software using the Spark and Flink frameworks
- Working knowledge of developing and maintaining services that run in AWS.
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written and listening
- Knowledge of Machine Learning or AI techniques
- Desire to learn and keep up with the latest technologies in the big data realm.
- Exposure to recommender systems
- Experience building production-grade web services
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent-Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally, requires 5 years related experience
Military Experience Valued
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer