Comcast Eng 3, Software Dev & Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Supports application development teams in building and maintaining environments to support new and ongoing application deployments. This includes working with all necessary infrastructure teams (OS, DB, network, storage, etc.) to build/maintain highly available systems.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on support of internally developed software applications, including any 3rdparty software components used within our application stacks.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-levelOperations Support Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if new code changes (new features, defect fixes, etc.) are ready for production deployment
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays an in-depth knowledge of numerous infrastructure technologies and an ability to leverage such knowledge to triage and mitigate production issues efficiently and effectively
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Linux administration
- Windows Servers
- Oracle 12c (SQL, PL/SQL, networking concepts, some administration knowledge)
- MS SQL 2016
- .NET applications
- Rabbit MQ
- Edge Proxy
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer