Health First Wound Care Tech - HRMC, Wound Care Center, Per Diem in Palm Bay, Florida
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Service and Stewardship to improve outcomes, to assure appropriate resource utilization, and continuity of care for individuals with altered skin integrity and other wound care issues. This includes coordinating the care and services for assigned patients in collaboration with the patient, family, physician, patient care team, and payers. This care is based upon cultural, spiritual, and age specific needs of the patient. Clinical skills will be utilized to facilitate the provision of care which includes the assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation of patient care under the direct supervision of an R.N.
- Associates support engagement through adherence to the (I-CARE) commitments.
- Appropriately performs patient clinical intake, dressing application per physician orders, and discharge with accurate documentation of data.
- Demonstrates effective age-appropriate communication skills to identify patient knowledge deficits and contribute to the patient education.
- Demonstrates a strong background in patient assessment, treatment, and support.
- Answers internal and external customer questions, directing messages to the appropriate individuals.
- Demonstrates effective and safe clinical practice as evidenced by skills fair demonstrations, completion of yearly competency assessment and age specific checklist.
- Demonstrates effective communication with other members of the healthcare team and promotes effective team functioning.
- Properly handles and cares for all instruments and equipment.
- Checks materials and equipment for proper functioning and adequacy; reports faulty equipment and instruments per policy.
- Rounds on all exam rooms for red sharp containers fullness or trash items and complies with Biohazardous regulations.
- Empties dirty instruments per policy and prepares to send out for sterilization. Is responsible to assuring amount sent out is amount received. Follow through is there is a variance.
- Demonstrates competency in use of various computer software.
- Exhibits flexibility and adaptability to changes in assignments.
- Attends in-services and mandatory meetings.
- Participates in performance activities to improve department and patient satisfaction.
- Completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Cleans exam rooms at end of day, empties all dirty linen and red bags per policy, and stocks with sufficient supplies, instruments, and paperwork.
- Identifies compromised patients and alerts physician and R.N.
Utilizes supplies/equipment in a proficient and cost-effective manner.
Orders supplies sufficient for day-to-day operations.
Rotates stock and supplies checking for expiration dates.
Assures exam rooms are stocked daily.
Helps to maintain budget by proper ordering of med-surg supplies.
Participates in timely and effective room turn over by assisting with cleaning and set up for next patient intake.
Demonstrates effective time management skills.
Remains flexible and adaptable to changes in workflow, patient census, staffing availability.
Accepts changes to the schedule or workflow based on patient volumes.
Performs and organizes supplies and materials for the needs of the patient, procedure, and physician preference card in a cost-effective manner.
Provides patient, family, and/or care giver education as directed by the plan of care under the supervision of the RN.
Displays a positive image and demonstrates concern of patients, visitors, associates, physicians, nursing management, staff from other hospital departments, and agencies.
Provides service to patients and families with sensitivity and respect for their needs, expectations, age, cultural, and individual differences.
Contributes to the patient experience as evidenced by positive patient experience scores and/or written compliments by patients/others.
Prompt response to patient care per physician orders.
Responds and anticipates patient/family needs while in the facility.
Maintains professional relationships and communicates effectively, both verbally and written, with patients, physicians, associates, nursing management, and other departments.
Demonstrates and maintains working knowledge of front desk procedures and assists in these functions when dictated by workload.
Ensures that all exam rooms and equipment are stocked, cleaned, and ready for the next patient.
Provides patient follow up and education to ensure patient’s participation in their care.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
Have skills, training and experience demonstrated by credentials of at least one of the following: EMT, Paramedic, LPN or current CHT.
Previous Wound Care experience highly recommended.
Ability to use and operate a computer.
Must hold a current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion card prior to start date and maintain.
Good organizational and communication skills.
Organization: *Holmes Regional Medical Center
Title: Wound Care Tech - HRMC, Wound Care Center, Per Diem
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Palm Bay
Requisition ID: 051234