Newell Brands Accounting Clerk, Jostens in Owatonna, Minnesota
Position Title: Accounting Clerk, Jostens
Location: Owatonna, MN
Reports to: Area Supervisor
This role is responsible for accurate and timely maintenance of account balance information to maintain account integrity on an on-going basis. Incumbents assist collector(s) and assist on other customer or sales rep issues.
• Work closely with Account Representatives in monitoring salespersons and customers statements, verifying and closing out account information on appropriate accounting system
• Assist with collection letters and disputes, contacting plants and reps to discuss account balances and assisting with other collection activities
• Adjust and maintain account balance information including preparation of credit memos/statements, refunds, CAAA’s, file maintenance, back ledgering, deposit reports, and answer questions on info with approval
• Prepare special reports as required
• Handle yearbook email, review error reports, pull documentation of cash received, do back ledgering and print invoices and statements
• Go through correspondence and returned mail and distribute mail within the department
• Send invoices, statements, and correspondence to customers and plants
• Verify, reconcile and distribute monthly account statements
• Open mail, review/update files and do special projects as needed
• High school education or equivalent
• Previous experience with Microsoft Suite and working on PC
• Ability to analyze and organize information within detailed clerical systems with high degree of accuracy
• Ability to work accurately with multi-component accounting systems
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Oracle knowledge preferred
About Newell Brands:
LIVE, LEARN, WORK, PLAY
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Celebrating 120 years of business, Jostens has been a part of local communities, working with K-12 schools, colleges and universities, teams and affiliation groups. Representatives from Jostens touch thousands of schools and groups every day, working to make a difference with products and services that recognize accomplishments and help people tell their stories. These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.