T-Mobile Sr Manager, Product & Technology in Overland Park, Kansas
Sr Manager, Product & Technology
KS506-KS-Headquarters, Building 6360 OP
The Senior Manager, Product & Technology is responsible for executing the design, product and technical build, support and maintenance of a key product or limited product portfolio, as well as the supporting technology capabilities and infrastructure that support that product in an Agile driven environment. Most often leading teams of 20+ FTE with skip level employees, and may lead teams of onshore and offshore contracting companies. Direct reporting line may include team(s) of Product Manager(s), Product Owner(s), technical and solution architecture, DevOps management, UI / UX, Test, as well as full stack Software Development.
Senior Manager is also responsible for attracting, hiring, retaining a high performing, full stack, team of Product Managers, Software Developers, architects, other members of technical staff, and Managers to support products and platforms. This role is also directly accountable for developing strong and productive relationships outside your direct teams with Customer or Customer representative teams, partner organizations, dependent technology teams, and supporting vendors.
Through a robust portfolio of products, services and technologies – T-Mobile’s Data Protection team enables the data privacy customers deserve and the choices they want. The Data Protection Senior Manager, Product & Technology will be responsible for driving this mission and leading the talented technologists that deliver this suite of products, services and technologies from concept through implementation and maintenance. As the leader of the Data Protection team, the Sr Manager will provide inspirational leadership, guidance, strategic vision and technical enablement to a skilled team that are passionate about protecting customers. This position is critical to compliance at T-Mobile and will require a mix of technical acumen, compliance experience, the ability to create strong relationships with key stakeholders and exceptional people leadership. The ability to communicate and influence at all levels will also be vital to success in this role and a working knowledge of data compliance laws, including CCPA, a plus.
Enterprise Technology Solutions
6360 Sprint Pkwy
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Strategy, Vision, Analysis
• Works in collaboration with Director to develop strategy, plan, goals (outcomes) for their scope of business. Collaboration should extend to customer teams and groups, as well as close working teams within P&T.
• Responsible for both internal and external software development (on all aspects of cycle) required to deliver products.
• Ensures Product Team follows enterprise process to secure and maintain product funding. Works to resolve any blockers or issues with product funding.
• Designs and develops methods and tools to measure team performance striking a balance between customer or technology based innovation, quality, speed to market, Agile team velocity, cost.
• Provides review and guidance to Product Management team on product vision, strategy, roadmap for product(s) or group of products, methods and frequency of customer research and feedback, ROI analysis / funding, including identification and remediation of possible gaps.
• Regularly cascades to direct reports Vision, Strategy, and goal based communications from executive and direct leadership.
• Develops change management and communications plans, and executes or drives execution connected with internal change initiatives originated by direct leadership or P&T leadership.
• Offers organizational design thinking / strategy to best structure the team and leverage resources. This includes periodic review of current and anticipated staffing capacity.
• Develops and maintains culture, process, and consistent action for continuous improvement across Agile teams.
• Supports learning and adoption of Lean principles and processes within Product Management team.
• Works collaboratively with peers in Software Engineering, Architecture, etc. to apply Lean principles.
• Define frameworks and enable capabilities to support development teams in modernizing legacy application architecture and infrastructure to empower CI/CT/CD.
• Leads adoption of industry leading practices in areas of Customer Innovation, Customer Experience, Scaled Agile Product Delivery, Lean Product Delivery, CI / CT / CD, cloud, microservices / container architecture.
Business & Technical Execution
• Regularly provides review and guidance to Product Management team on execution related responsibilities. This includes:
◦ Product Backlog structure and prioritization, process.
◦ Participation in Big Room (Program Increment) planning, and other major Agile sessions and ceremonies.
◦ Customer reviews and demos.
◦ Customer and Leadership level communications.
• Fosters strong working relationships with high dependency delivery teams outside of reporting vertical (Engineering, other P&T teams outside immediate reporting structure).
• Responsible for technical operations of software, 24/7 response, telemetry, overall health of products, and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) operational functions.
• Support team response, or fields and responds, forwards customer or Leadership escalations, as appropriate.
• Supports creation and execution of key vendor contracts.
• Manages key vendor relationships and delivery accountabilities of vendor or vendor resources as appropriate.
• Works collaboratively with Product Team, Release Train Engineers (RTE’s), Scrum Masters, Dev Team to identify and eliminate waste in the delivery cycle or process. When resolution requires influence beyond their level, drives structured upward communication and feedback to seek resolution.
• Assists direct reports with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure scope and outcomes are delivered.
• Executes appropriate customer communication, response and support to identify, determine root cause, resolve production defects and issues, or other operational issues.
T-Mobile U.S. Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is America’s supercharged Un-carrier, delivering an advanced 4G LTE and transformative nationwide 5G network that will offer reliable connectivity for all. T-Mobile’s customers benefit from its unmatched combination of value and quality, unwavering obsession with offering them the best possible service experience and undisputable drive for disruption that creates competition and innovation in wireless and beyond. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile and Sprint. For more information please visit: http://www.t-mobile.com
Preferred candidate will have:
10+ years of product and/or software development management experience
5+ years in a senior role, including managing teams of manager and principal level direct reports in a product and/or technology organization
Familiarity with data compliance laws and controls
SAFe certification/experience is desiref
4-7 years of relevant Product Management experience in an agile software product development environment.
2-4 years experience managing teams of 5 or more resources in direct reporting relationship in Product Management organization.
7 years of relevant Product Management experience in an agile software product development environment.
Proven experience building high performing teams, leading, mentoring/coaching and managing a team of product managers and/or development engineers, and successfully operating in an iterative delivery model (Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can ingest.
Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology initiatives.
Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders.
Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to identify/analyze/synthesize product use data.
Other Locations Available:
Atlanta, Georgia; Frisco, Texas; Seattle, Washington;
BS Computer Science, Engineering, IT or equivalent experience
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.