Lockheed Martin Program Manufacturing Engineer / Process Engineering / Electro Optical / Tooling / Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a position in Orlando, FL to support as Production Engineer for the program team.
- Candidate may be involved with start-up activities associated with new programs i.e. tooling concepts, tool design, ordering, tracking, final prove in of tooling, and process development and implementation.
- Candidate must be able to develop and implement Manufacturing Process Plans (MPP's) for a variety of electronic, mechanical, and electro-mechanical/optical assemblies.
- Utilize basic drafting and software programs to develop MPP's, design tooling, support equipment, and process flows.
- Provide technical guidance and support to manufacturing operators to facilitate assembly performance.
- Apply lean manufacturing techniques to reduce cost and increase yields.
- Investigate root cause of failures/defects and implement corrective action to support continuous improvement.
- May require supporting production in different centers/sites.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering related field
- Intermediate understanding and application of Electro-Optical (EO) processes and Mechanical Engineering technical principles.
- Ability to represents the organization as the prime technical production contact on projects; may include presenting to senior leadership.
- Guides the successful completion of major program items which may include serving in a project leadership role.
- Candidate should have a good understanding and demonstrated application of technical and problem solving skills in the area of manufacturing and production.
- Candidate should have a good understanding and demonstrated application of principles of DFMA.
- Working knowledge of LEAN - Six Sigma.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance
- Lockheed Martin experience with focus on production operations.
- Understanding and wide application of complex Electro-mechanical/Optical Final Assembly, Integration and Test methods.
- Skilled at interpretation of Engineering specifications and the translation into effective Work Instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, champion, and implement affordability initiatives.
- SAP and Apriso experience is a plus.
- Experience supporting Make/Buy, Proposals, change boards, capacity planning, and capital planning.
- Familiar with earned value and cost account management.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs