Lockheed Martin Engineering Excellence and Standards Technical Leader in Orlando, Florida
Description: The Engineering Excellence and Standards Technical Leader, reporting to Emerging Technologies, Collaboration and Innovation within Corporate Engineering Technology and Operations, is responsible for the development and execution of strategic engineering standards plans and practices for Lockheed Martin internally and with industry associations and standards bodies.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Director, Emerging Technologies, Collaboration and Innovation to develop and execute a strategy for engineering standards and engineering practices to lead, influence, and leverage industry associations such as the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), the Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers, and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the Aviation Industries Association and other similar organizations;
- Collaborate with Corporate Engineering, Technology, and Operations (CETO) and Business Area (BA) senior management to ensure Lockheed Martin Engineering is effectively represented in all appropriate industry associations and standards bodies;
- Create and deliver consistent messaging across company participation in engineering external outreach;
- Provide communication and status of all appropriate information related to engineering external outreach;
- Collect and coordinate feedback from across the corporation on modifications to engineering related standards;
- Represent Lockheed Martin Engineering when appropriate as part of the engineering outreach strategy;
- Identify and source key leadership roles in relevant industry associations and standards bodies that align with company objectives.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to work with customer representatives to build common strategies and collaboration across key external initiatives;
- Oversee standards approach in projects/initiatives in targeted technical areas aligned with company strategic objectives.
- Interface with company Functional Leadership Teams to coordinate needs, progress, and results of engagements.
Demonstrated success in leading and influencing the development of standards both internally and in the Aviation & Defense Industry.
Engineering leadership experience as an individual contributor or as engineering management.
Experience in strategic planning and project execution of new engineering methods, practices, or techniques
Proven ability to build collaboration across organizations
Experience with design and development of complex systems.
Effective communication and consensus-building skills.
- Experience interfacing with industry associations and standards bodies
- Experience in working with customer representatives on strategic planning and collaboration
- Systems engineering certification.
- Project Management experience
- Digital Transformation experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs