Performance Food Group Class A Delivery Driver Trainee in Omaha, Nebraska
Class A Delivery Driver Trainee
Performance Foodservice Omaha (0574)
Performance Foodservice will hire and train individuals who hold a valid Class A license with 0+ years of experience and enter them into our Associate Driver training program. Driver Associates will perform driver duties that will allow them to gain the necessary experience to qualify for a Professional Driver position with Performance Foodservice after successfully completing the program.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
Deliver the right products to customer accounts, in a professional, safe and timely manner, using a multitude of methods including manual lifting, use of two wheel dolly, ramps, and/or carts in multi-temperature environments.
Safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle, including but not limited to: Combination vehicles, straight trucks, or other vehicles such as pick-up trucks and service vans with a GVWR or GCWR over 10,001 lbs.
Complete pre-trip, in-route, and post-trip inspections of equipment.
Ability to operate vehicles in congested areas with limited space and potential obstacles.
Comply with all applicable Department of Transportation regulations including but not limited: Controlled Substances, Commercial Driver Licensing, Driver Qualification, CMV Operation, Hours of Service; CSA inspections and compliance, Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance, etc.
Maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance with Department of Transportation Regulations.
Utilize an on board computer to track hours of service.
Provide exceptional customer service.
Safely and accurately unload and deliver multi-temperature product to customers utilizing a variety of preferred methods including lift gates, carts, conveyers, hand trucks, and/or pallet jacks.
Utilize barcode scanners at the point of delivery as required to verify delivered product.
Pick up returned product as required.
Accurately complete delivery and pick up paperwork.
Maintain contact with Dispatch to receive delivery or pick up instructions or changes in scheduled deliveries or pick-ups.
Maintain route plan as provided by Dispatch. Communicate to Dispatch any barriers to maintaining the route plan so any changes can be communicated to the customer.
Maintain knowledge and comprehension of all applicable Department of Transportation regulations and Company policies through Company training and certifications.
Observe all local, state and federal laws and ordinances.
Perform all other projects and duties as assigned.
Medical, Dental, and Vision after 30 days
Company Matched 401k
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous Paid Time Off
Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
Address Line 1:
6720 N 9th Street
Omaha, Nebraska (NE)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy (http://pfgc.com/Policy) ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster (http://pfgc.com/Poster) and supplement (http://pfgc.com/Supplement) ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement (http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency) .
• Foodservice distribution industry experience
• Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet)
• Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e. POD)
• Customer service related work
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
• Valid CDL A
• Must be 21 years of age
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
• Pass road test
• Attains or has valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
• Internal applicants must meet requirements outlined in the PFG Entry Level Driver Trainee or Dock to Driver Training Program
• 0-6 months experience with a CDL Class A License
• Entry Level applicants: 6-12 months with a CDL Class A License
Click Here for Benefits Information (https://pfgc.com/Careers.aspx#benefits)
Performance Food Group
- Performance Food Group Jobs