MasterCard Consultant, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant, Software Engineering
Job Overview: MasterCard Labs is looking for brilliant, passionate and innovative software developers to join its innovation center in St Louis. In this role, you will be a key member of a highly agile group driving hard to create innovative payment solutions with Simplify Commerce.
• Design, Code, document, test components / subsystems to a world class standard
• Must be solutions oriented – ultimately find and implement the ‘best fit’ solution to address the requirement on time.
• Assist defining processes and choice of development tools to be used across the group
• Interpret technical specifications to produce detailed design
• Design with future extension in mind
• Perform functional and performance testing of solutions
• Ensure code is easily maintainable and tracked in version control system
• Identify best-of-breed methods / tools / API’s and assess technical fit
• Mentor junior software developers
• Participate in architectural decisions
• Provide task estimates, level of complexity assessment
• Provide input to scheduling of projects
• Ensure tasks get executed on time and to required standards
• Pass on knowledge of various technologies to other team members and to other functions
Bachelor's degree Computer Science (or related discipline)
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Java [J2EE, Grails, Spring, Hibernate]
• Web [AngularJS, JQuery, GRAILS, Ext-JS, GWT..]
• Strong UI/Web development skills. Must have worked in atleast one or more Web Frameworks
• Database [Oracle, Postgres]
• Other: JBoss AS, XML, XSLT
• Discipline of working in a continuous integration, TDD environment.
• Expert knowledge of Application Servers / web passed applications
• Highly experienced in delivering commercial grade software globally
• Has been pro-active in creating better user experience, consumer value proposition
• Understands gaps in knowledge and has ability to source training online
• High energy, can-do attitude, strong desire to succeed
• Strong Analytical and skills
• Strong communication skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-75238