Lowe's Performance Instructor - Shipping - Weekend Days in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
What You Will Do
The RDC Performance Instructor (PI) is a DC Operations Team Member position designed to be the primary department trainer. This includes new hire training, best methods/job function training, equipment training, and other duties as assigned by the Assistant Operations Manager and department Coach. When not performing as a PI, this individual performs normal on-standard functions or participates in assigned special projects under the direction of DC leadership. When performing normal on-standard functions, this role is eligible for the Performance Team Member Bonus. The Performance Instructor must be able to teach others and maintain a culture of safety among associates to achieve a safe working environment. In addition, the Performance Instructor may be leveraged as a development role for future advancement to Coach.
What We're Looking For
• Required to work a set schedule (3 days / week) that may be changed/modified by management based on the needs of the facility.
• Requires availability to work morning, afternoon, nights, or weekends depending upon assigned shift and overtime based on the needs of the facility.
• Must work in a distribution/warehouse environment with the physical and environmental aspects typically associated with such environment.
• Minimally must be able to lift 40 pounds; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
What You Need To Succeed
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Experience training others
• Experience operating power equipment (e.g., forklift, reach truck, yard truck)
• Proven record of complying with safety requirements
• Basic math and reading comprehension skills
• Demonstrated track record of consistent and reliable on-the-job contribution
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision or with a team
• Basic computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Certified as industrial powered equipment trainer
• Leadership experience with or without direct report responsibility
• Experience in distribution center operations or previous warehouse experience
• Experience troubleshooting warehouse management system issues
• Experience performing detail-oriented tasks in a fast-paced working environment
• Experience using spatial reasoning to position product effectively
• Bi-lingual skills helpful, if applicable to the facility
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs