CVS Health Licensed Beauty Sales Consultant in North Andover, Massachusetts
It is a great time to join the beauty retail division of CVS Health, as America’s leading retail pharmacy with more than 8,000 stores and continuing to grow. We are seeking a talented, sales oriented, Licensed Beauty Sales Consultant who is passionate about the beauty industry and believes the customer experience should be topnotch. We have partnered with service industry leaders to bring top-notch beauty services to our customers in-store.
CVS customers will experience your passion for beauty as you share the latest beauty trends and techniques through beauty services and sales. You will be responsible for the end-to-end customer experience in Beauty & Personal Care and will provide various paid beauty services and personalized product advice.
Customer Sales Experience
• Seek out customers to ensure they have a world class beauty advisor experience.
• Provide personalized sales service based on customer needs, productive upselling and suggestive selling.
• Maneuver in a conversation to stimulate a different thought process. This means you are confident and comfortable using your verbal skills to generate sales.
• Be the brand expert by answering customer questions in detail with product knowledge to produce the largest sales basket possible.
• Engage all customers with CVS services, Beauty Club programs and invite customers to in-store events and/or explain current promotions to close the sale of products and services.
• Represent both the CVS and partner brands when interacting with customers and uphold the highest standards of service.
• CVS Licensed Beauty Sales Consultants are required to provide ear-piercing services in all stores. Licensed Beauty Sales Consultants are also required to perform all other applicable services offered in any location in which they work.
• CVS Licensed Beauty Sales Consultants must successfully pass assessments of proficiency before performing services in store.
• Educate beauty customers by demonstrating proper product usage and highlighting product features and benefits to help drive purchase conversion.
• Manage time effectively between consultations, scheduled services and walk-in clients.
• Display current and active Cosmetology/Esthetician license during all working hours in all locations in which they work as mandated by the state.
• Create and maintain product displays and display special promotional materials in support of key brand, corporate and local advertising efforts.
• Participate in and represent CVS at sales programs and/or events.
• Maintain a beautiful and clean zone by keeping your assigned area well-stocked, well-merchandised and compliant with hygiene standards for a positive shopping and service experience.
• Ensure that all CVS sanitation and hazardous waste disposal policies are executed in a timely and compliant manner.
• Complete ongoing sales, brand, and paid service execution training in a timely manner with CVS and service partners to ensure knowledge and skills are modern and current.
• Maintain a professional colleague appearance in compliance with company policies and guidelines at all times.
• Be our customer’s Beauty Expert by being plugged-in to all of the latest beauty trends and techniques. Be a beauty enthusiast!
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
• Exposure to the latest and greatest product in the industry through brand interaction, training and more.
• Gratis. Everyone loves free samples!
• Aspire to be one of the top Beauty Sales Consultants to earn an invitation to the annual tradeshow. The day is full of learning, demonstrations and surprises!
• You will be helping people on their path to better health. When people feel good about themselves and take care of their beauty needs, that translates to a positive impact on the rest of their lives, and you will contribute to this impact!
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Must possess a current and valid Cosmetology/Esthetician License in the state in which you will be working.
• Must maintain an active Cosmetology/Esthetician license at all times in the state you are employed and ensure it is present and displayed during working hours at your work site(s) as mandated by that state.
• CVS Licensed Beauty Sales Consultants must demonstrate the ability and willingness to perform ear-piercing services in all stores. Licensed Beauty Sales Consultants are also required to perform all other services offered in any location in which they work.
• Must pass all required skills assessments and training courses to fully execute paid service options offered in the store locations in which you work.
• Ability to use sales data with product/brand knowledge to meet sales and beauty service goals
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Goal-driven, with an ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and quickly learning new procedures.
• Available to work at a CVS store and travel to sales programs and events as needed.
• Available to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends, extended hours and “Peak” Hours
• Nevada Licensed Beauty Sales Consultant applicants must provide confirmation of a MAKEUP ARTIST REGISTRATION/ THREADER REGISTRATION issued from the state of Nevada.
• In specific CVS stores, we require bi-lingual beauty advisors that can speak to customers in both English and Spanish.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Prior beauty sales experience with a strong passion for beauty.
• Stand for extended periods of time and move throughout the store in order to provide excellent customer service, including providing services and beauty consulting, and perform other task work such as stocking and facing product displays and updating advertising promotions.
• Able to stoop, kneel or crouch, and able to reach or grasp objects, including objects on lower shelves.
• Able to perform duties requiring manual dexterity (e.g., hair styling, makeup applications, ear piercing).
• Physical abilities to support the Required Qualifications listed above.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Bring your heart to CVS HealthEvery one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- CVS Health Jobs