Barclays VP Data Science Developer and Analyst in New York, New York
Job Title Data Science Developer and Analyst
Location New York
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Markets Technology/ IB Tech: Client Facing Technology
Client Facing Technology (CFT) is responsible for globally supporting and facilitating Barclays’ clients trading strategies. Our clients are typically hedge funds or similar organisations responsible for product discovery. They require a significant degree of customisation, have high expectations, and demand very rapid turnaround. The key to success is ensuring our applications form an integrated gateway to the capabilities of the entire firm. This means not only joining forces and sharing data with each other, but building the bridge between Prime Services and the firm’s risk, regulatory, accounting and centralised data services.
About Research IT
The Research IT group is part of the Markets Pre-Trade transaction cycle. The team is responsible for the full lifecycle of research, from initial creation to final delivery to our clients via a number of channels. The research IT group has several teams dealing with different aspects of research authoring, archiving and distribution.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Overall Purpose of role
The candidate will closely with Research data scientists and technical teams to design and build the technological platform for data analysis.
· Work with other technical teams to design the data storage and data pipelines, including selecting the right tools for data requisition, data cleansing, storage and governance
· Work with data scientists to develop data pipelines for the data input for data analytics models
· Assist data scientist to develop data models, including adapting newer technologies in machine learning
· As an experienced developer, mentor other team members in machine learning.
· 4-year college degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
· 5 years of software development experience
· 3 years of experience in machine learning
· 3 years in extensive programming in Python or R
· 3 years of experience in relational database or NoSQL database
· 3 years of experience in using Linux/Unix
· Preferred prior experience in data science project in other financial firms or tech firms
· Preferred graduate degree in statistic analysis or applied mathematics
· Preferred experience in deep learning
· Preferred experience in statistic analysis
· Preferred experience in AWS
· 2 years of experience in Java
· 2 years of experience in Big Data
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity *
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: VP Data Science Developer and Analyst
Location: NY-New York
Requisition ID: *90181838